Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw Help

Reviews Summary for W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw
W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$38.99
Description: W8AMZ G5RV Jr. Multi-Band ANTENNA

Covering 10m 40m

Simply, Without a Doubt, The Best Built G5RV On The Market

This is a very rugged dependable verision of the Original Classic G5RV Jr. 10m 40m Multi Band Dipole Antenna. Utilizing Rugged 450 ohm Balanced Window Line. For Many Years Of Dependable Service.
More info: http://WWW.EBAY.COM

You can write your own review of the W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw.

KK4KBS Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2014 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna for small areas.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna about a year ago and have it up at a height of about 9 meters. It is mounted as an inverted V. I have a 1 to 1 balun attached and fed with 100 feet ( they recommend 70) of RG58x. Not the best setup, but it works well enough. I've worked well over 100 countries with it now using no more than 100 watts. (Made my first VK contacts last night from the mid-Atlantic east coast US). The noise levels are fairly low, it receives well, and with a YT-100 antenna tuner connected to my FT897D, the SWR readings are flat across the band. It will tune from 80 meters to 6 meters, even though it's not designed for 80. Just for fun I tried tuning in 160 meters, but it wasn't hapenning. It is shorter in length than I thought it would be to work well., but it really works great. I'm happy with it.

N9ZQZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2014 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a well made G5RV Jr. I have mine at 25 feet in the air and received signals are terrific!!! I am unable to transmit until I get my general but man does this antenna receive. I helped a fellow operator put up an MFJ version and this one is made much better. Stronger connections and weather sealed. I highly recommend this antenna. Well worth the money. Just follow the directions and you should have no issues!!

VK2QE Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2014 21:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent aerial  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Professionally made top quality aerial. Operationally, when compared to my 40 meter band dipole band noise was 3 S points lower and signals about 2 to 3 S points better. With my TS 2000 auto tuner this aerial works every band from 40 to 6 metres with great results. Bought it on Ebay, was delivered in Australia 1 week after purchased. All round excellent service, coulnt be happier with it.

KC1AKV Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have installed my W8AMZ g5rv Jr as a N/S directional antenna up in the trees at 25 ft to go with my other dipoles which mostly face easterly/westerly. This antenna tuned up on all bands quickly on my Palstar AT-2K manual tuner and it added 15 meters to my capability which my OFC dipole would not do.My signal reports have been excellent to date. I am very happy that I installed it.

W4MPL Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2014 15:19 Send this review to a friend
She's working great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Due to those dreaded HOA covenants it says "No Antennas" I was looking for an antenna that I could put up in the back yard that could be stealthy. I have two Maple trees and an Oak tree all about 40 feet up in growth. I looked at various dipoles and with the measurements between the trees decided that I'd try this antenna. The antenna seemed to be a good strong antenna and manufactured well. I sprayed the entire antenna with a brown camouflage paint and about a month ago hoisted it up about 30 feet in the oak tree. I installed it in an inverted "V" configuration stretched between the other two trees.I put fishing line on the end and draped the fishing line over the two outer tree branches about 10 feet up with a heavy weight on the end. You have to look real hard to see the antenna and it blends in just fine. Well let me tell you it has no problem getting out. Just made contact with Slovenia, last night Russia, have made contact with Ireland, Czech Republic all running barefoot with the 100 watt Yaesu. It tunes up on 20, 40 and 80 meters and the other bands well. SWR on the 18M band is a bit high, 2.0, but still worked Slovenia a little while ago. I'm sold and happy!

KK4RXC Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 04:31 Send this review to a friend
I would not have believed this works so well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered one of these to fit my space restriction. Up nearly flat at 35 feet. 80 countries so far. I am a believer.

W9OOO Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2013 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna! Tom is very honest person.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using this antenna over two years. Works perfect even with my limited space and 30 feet up only. Anyway I'm most of the time first called during pile ups (using 500W). 40M QRN are no problem for me, so I do not need another receiving antenna. It works so wonderful, that I decided to order the one from 80m and up. (My neighbor agreed and I can use her huge tree. It's probably kind of re-compensation for these leaves I can find each fall on my property and I must to take care of it :))
Well, I called Tom, he is very nice and honest person. I'm going to get my antenna probably this week, but Tom is overworked, he ships monthly 800 different antennas all over the world. Best way to talk to him is to call him, it is very difficult for him to respond on all e-mails, because he gets over 100 e-mails everyday and he works with the product 12h/day. Sometimes you need to wait little bit (2 - 3 weeks) to get your antenna, but it's worth. It is not one of the best G5RVs - It is the only and the best G5RV Antenna.
Thank you Tom!

W2UIS Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 19:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I replaced a damaged vertical antenna with this one installed as an inverted v on an aluminum mast that supports my Diamond X50. The antenna peak is at 24 feet. With 75 feet of coax and an LDG Z-100 Plus auto tuner the setup cost $300. Very reasonable price for a complete hf antenna that will tune 75 to 6 meters phone.

I now spend most of my operating time on 40 meter phone.

I have since purchased and put in storage a second antenna should the current one get damaged.

WB6YIY Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 11:23 Send this review to a friend
A++++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Super all the way around,construction: TOP NOTCH
Work's GREAT on All Bands,80 thru 10 and the WARC Bands!Antenna just clears the ground by abt 10" or so and work's GREAT! Also I haven't had 80/75 for I don't know how long but with my MFJ Deluxe Versa Tuner II it's now bk!! Keep up the Great Product
Tom.. Al WB6YIY

KV4PL Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2013 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great for my location  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm limited in my location on where I can put an antenna. I don't have any tall trees, so I supported the center from a 20' mast in an inverted V to the tallest trees in my yard. First hour I made 3 dx contacts, Czech Republic, Poland and Hawaii.