Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | G Whip Zepp antenna Help

Reviews Summary for G Whip Zepp antenna
G Whip Zepp antenna Reviews: 42 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£39.00
Description: The G Whip Zepp antenna is an end fed but with a difference! It incorporates the 1/2 wave length wire radiator and also a G Whip tuned circuit and not the usual matching feeder line counterpoise used on many of the old designs, no baluns, no toroids, no matching transformers, no matching feederline, no resistors, no counterpoise, no radials, no earth, just a perfect tuned match. Nice and easy to turn to get the best signal or to cut the QRM. Each antenna comes complete with it's own sweep and no adjustment is needed. Can be mounted vertically, horizontally or sloping, during tests we found sloping performed the best.
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the G Whip Zepp antenna.

EI3FNB Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2013 03:09 Send this review to a friend
20m End Fed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently purchased a 20m end fed from Geoff. Delivery was very fast, quality is obvious with every detail perfect and install is simple. The signal and ability to get heard with this antenna is superb. I will be going back for the 40m next.

Highly recommended.

M6PTG Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2013 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Up and Running  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just starting out and decided to buy 40m and 20m gwhips to get max power allowed into antenna. Very fast delivery and top quality components and construction. Both antennas up and running with strong signals and min swr even though 40M antenna mounted dog leg due space restrictions. So pleased have now decided to buy the 17m and 15m versions as well. Outstanding customer service received from Geoff Brown. Would fully recommend these antennas to others. 73 Peter

M0HDF Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2013 03:36 Send this review to a friend
So pleased, I got another one  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Having bought a 20m resonant end fed, I got another zepp for the 15m band.

Top quality & performance, fast delivery,... as praised by many people.

Worked plenty of DX on cw and ssb running 20W with my 15m version with a 10m pole running as a vertical.

I would highly recommended to anybody.

73 de Angel M0HDF

G0AYD Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 05:23 Send this review to a friend
brilliant and well constructed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i am the proud owner of one of gwhips aerials.

its the 10-40 mtr off centre fed version.

what a magnificant piece of construction.
It is really good to see a product like this being produced in the uk.

The build quality is absorlutly brilliant.
if you need an aerial buy this one as ive seen the rest and they dont even come close to the finished products of Geoffs aerails.

N4RAY Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2013 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I orderd both the 40 and 20 meter end fed antennas from Geoff, I can not explain how happy I am with these antennas, I can go out throw a rope up a tree or 6' above ground, pullout the antenna hook it up and start talking, no tuner needed, its a great antenna for home or on the go, I use them with my qrp rig, and there is no other antenna that will get set up so quick to get you on the air, if you have been leary about getting one, get it you wont be disappointed
Rodney Ross
N4RAY

G8AJM Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2013 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Delighted with my new GWZ 20  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my Gwhip GWZ 20 very quickly after my email order and within just 24 hours Iím happy to recommend it to anyone looking for a high performance, discreet, end-fed antenna. The first thing to notice once unpacked is the excellent build quality; it looks pretty much as if it would meet military requirements. Fittings all appear to be stainless steel with ďmilitaryĒ green Kevlar wire and paracord support line. On direct (no atu) connection to my FT-101E it was immediately obvious the receiver had more signal to play with than when my longwire was connected through my MFJ-949E.

Over night I left it connected to my QRPlabs QRSS Ultimate 2 which was running about 150mw in WSPR mode on 20m. In the morning I had a bunch of reports from the USA and Canada. With the FT-101E plus the MFJ running in bypass mode (acting just as an SWR bridge) I am getting 1.2 SWR and reaching pretty much everyone I can hear.

In conclusion, Iíd say that if you need a discreet antenna that works straight out of the box with no atu, this EFHW should be way up on your list. Iím heading for the 15m version next!

G7WCI Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2013 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality, and resonant across the band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great service from Geoff, the antenna arrived and it is very good quality - way above the usual build quality for amateur gear. I bought the 20m end-fed antenna, and put it up yesterday in a temporary location in the garden. Great signal compared with my usual random wire + ATU setup, much less noise. I will be back for more of these, as they will also be used when camping.

F5VDM Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2013 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Never been on air so quickly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the 40m version from http://www.rosscomm.co.uk/ after reading the reviews on eham.

This is one sturdy antenna, but more amazing, I literally through the wire out of my bedroom window and fixed it 2m above ground. Had some great contacts immediately on 40m without an ATU, very low swr.

This is a worthy antenna and I will buying more of them for other bands very soon.

Brilliant!

M0KZC Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2013 03:17 Send this review to a friend
Still pleased !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi

Just thought I'd add an update from my previous post of 2011. In nearly two years of use my original G-Whip end fed zepps are still going strong. The quality Geoff builds into these antennas speaks for itself - I've thrown many other more expensive wire antennas in the bin after shorter periods. The build materials are virtually indestructable, well I haven't managed to break one yet ! Given their robust build quality I still think these are the best option for portable operating (my main usage) having tried many other options. If you got a few minutes to erect a pole and raise a G-Whip zepp in sloper configuration then I wouldn't bother with any of the electrically short so called portable antennas. The zepp will outperform any of these - and I've tried a few !! There really is no substitute for 'wire in the air' plus of course these are resonant so no 'fiddling' or tuners. I've recently bought some more to fill in the gaps in band coverage. I think that speaks for itself.

As previous Geoff is great to deal with, very helpful and responds promptly to requests. Recommended.

Martin (M0KZC)

M0HDF Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2013 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my G Whip Zepp 20m 150W last Friday from Ian - M0CZV at RossComm Radio Communications, authorized reseller of G-Whip.

Very nice quality and excellent packaging. Resonant as per the plot provided first time.
The box robustness and waterproofness seems very good. Very easy to install.
Low QRM on RX, SSB receiving audio was fantastic.
I did about 15 contacts in the SP DX RTTY contest with 5W in no time. I have for now installed the antenna horizontal about 2m height along my garden (NE-SW) in the urban part of B'ham sorrounded by houses.

Very happy with this purchase. I would recommend it to anybody.