Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | RF Applications IBS-1 Intelligent Band Switch Help

Reviews Summary for RF Applications IBS-1 Intelligent Band Switch
RF Applications IBS-1 Intelligent Band Switch Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199
Description: The IBS-1 is a microprocessor-based band decoder that supports ICOM/YAESU and LPT band outputs. No soldering to configure, and supports ALL bands on ICOM including WARC & 6 meters.
More info: http://www.rfapps.com/ibs-1.htm

You can write your own review of the RF Applications IBS-1 Intelligent Band Switch.

W2RE Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2004 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the WX0B six-pack and (2) IBS band decoders in July 2002. Any antenna in the field to any rig in the shack. The band decoders have worked excellent. Donn Arthur at RF applications is A+ in customer support.
I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for fast and reliable automated band switching.

ND5S Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2000 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Great way to automate the shack!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had two goals in mind when I purchased the Array Solutions RatPak and RF Applications Intelligent Bandswitch IBS1. The first was to clear out the cable clutter in the shack; the second was to automate my antenna selection. I purchased both units from Jay Terleski at Array Solutions and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. The RatPak consists of a selector (in the shack) and a switching unit (in my case on the “dirty side” of the cellar but could as easily be on the tower). The antenna switch is solidly built and has performed flawlessly for me. The relays are heavy duty and have never once faltered with my Yaesu 1000D and Alpha 87A combination. I now have a setup where, in the heat of contesting battle, at 3:00 A.M. local time (when the head gets really fuzzy), I don’t have to worry about selecting the wrong antenna. The IBS1 picks up the signal from the rig and sends a signal to the RatPak selector and the right antenna switches in line. The RatPak, in a stand-alone state, would have been a very good improvement for manual selection of my antennas, but the combination with the IBS-1 really fulfilled my needs. The cost of the unit is soon forgotten with the performance, and peace of mind, gained. I would like to add that I had specific issues to work out for my setup. Jay Terleski from Array Solutions and Bruce Knox from RF Applications were both extremely helpful and returned my email promptly. A real plus when working with something for the first time.