Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Coby CX39 AM FM SW-1 SW-2 Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Coby CX39 AM FM SW-1 SW-2 Radio
Coby CX39 AM FM SW-1 SW-2 Radio Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $$11.00 to $13.00 each
Description: Portable Radio
More info: http://COBYUSA.Com

You can write your own review of the Coby CX39 AM FM SW-1 SW-2 Radio.

MARK42 Rating: 0/5 Nov 15, 2012 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Good gift for someone you don't like.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought the Coby CX39 and even at $13 it not worth the money. The only good thing I can find to say about it is that it has a hinged battery door.

ROBWIN12000 Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2010 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Good Portable AM FM SW-1 SW-2 Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Coby CX39 Receiver has good sensitivity , but the selectivity and image rejection is where this type of receiver suffers . This is a low priced receiver between $11.00 to $13.00 dollars and this includes shipping & handling . This is typical of a low end receiver . Manufacturer who build these type's of radio's CHINA include one to two IC's and one RF coil and a 455khz Osc plastic form even though I have not opened it . This is all that make them work . Most radios have a lot more stages and that is where selectivity comes from and also image rejection . The Coby CX39 also has a digital readout for frequency's . But the readout is way off the frequency that it shows . The sound is very nice on this radio . It also has a good build from what I have seen so far . I bought this radio for the price of $12.00 total and have had radios costing in the HUNDREDS . For the price you really can't go wrong . I am glad I bought it even though it has a lot of shortfall's . I am glad I bought it . It is a very good radio to have around and 2D cells power it so this radio should play for a long time .