Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | The Rotor Doctor Help

Reviews Summary for The Rotor Doctor
The Rotor Doctor Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $varies
Description: Rotor service, reconditioning, parts, sales

You can write your own review of the The Rotor Doctor.

WA9ENA Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2003 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Repair of CDE & Alliance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent 2 CDE light/medium duty rotators and 1 Alliance light duty rotator in for repairs and check-out. This was 3 years ago. The quality of the work was excellent. Craig even was able to swap a correct control box for the incorrect one I had for one of the CDE units. Prompt service, excellent e-mail communications, and reasonable price. The oldest CDE unit (4-wire system) is now in full-time service on a tower. The other 2 units are for Field Day and back-up use. All doing well.

K8ND Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2001 17:18 Send this review to a friend
16 Year Old Tailtwiser Now Like New!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My old T2X sat non-functioning on my tower for several years before I finally took it down and sent it off to the Rotor Doctor for repair and reconditioning. When it came back, it would be hard to tell it from a new one! Fast, reasonable price, and a very nice job!

KC0ALA Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2001 22:58 Send this review to a friend
Check up and recondition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Rotor Dr. did an outstanding job on my Ham IV. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. It didn't look like the one I sent. I would put it on the mantle until antenna day if the YL would let me.
It took about a month and 1/2 turn around so plan ahead. Very good prices and highest quality workmanship. Highly recommended.

WM5R Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2000 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Thorough reconditioning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Rotor Doctor will do a complete reconditioning of your rotor for $65.00 plus parts and shipping. This includes sand-blasting and repainting the rotor exterior, and replacement of the terminal screws that always seem to rust badly.

I am very happy with the job performed by the Rotor Doctor recently on a HAM-IV I sent in for service. It looks great, and they even sent back the old parts that were replaced. It did take about a month turn-around time, though, so if you're in a hurry, and don't need the paint job, you might want to make special arrangements.

One great feature to note: if the Rotor Doctor performs permanent improvements to the rotor, such as upgrading a HAM-III to a HAM-IV, they will stamp the bottom of the rotor with the mod and date. Plus, they always mark when the most recent service was done using a sticker and indelible ink on the bottom of the rotor.

So far, the rotor performs like new!