Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | APRSISCE/32 Help

Reviews Summary for APRSISCE/32
APRSISCE/32 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: APRS client software for Windows desktop and mobile operating systems (up to WM 6.5) developed by Lynn Deffenbaugh, KJ4ERJ.
More info: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprsisce/

You can write your own review of the APRSISCE/32.

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2013 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Love It!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a little trouble configuring it to transmit, I should have looked at the instructions first :(
Operation is a breeze, I have tried many other programs and this tops them all, for me anyway.
Support is easily obtained by googling your question.The operation of this program is easy. Enjoy it.

Eddie-KJ4FGI

N7FMH Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 07:36 Send this review to a friend
I use it stationary, mobile and portable! And it is simple!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this software [APRSIS32] since shortly after it became available for the Windows PC environment. I have not look back! I am now running the Window Mobile version [APRSISCE] now as well. Between the two platforms, operation is seamless.

As a current application, it is continually being improved. Lynn, the author, is very responsive to the APRS community. His knowledge of APRS is top notch as well.

Try it. I bet you will at least like it!

Regarding a previous post about the map dimness; each tile is a PNG or picture and the software can only use it as is or dimmer. Other tiles are available. For some other options, check out Cloudmade. Not only are there some Cloudmade versions (Original, Thin, Midnight Commander just for a couple of examples) but other users have created tile sets as well. This means you can create a tile to your liking probably. Check out the WIKI for tile options and of course check out the forum.

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

AF5AA Rating: 4/5 Feb 2, 2012 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a APRSISCE/32 user for a day and find it great with one exception. The maps are poorly defined meaning they are dim. If there is a way to brighten the maps I have not found it.

KC9MEF Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2011 07:13 Send this review to a friend
super easy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is by far the easiest APRS software i have ever used and I have tried them all with various degrees of sucess. About as close to plug and play as you can get.

I've used it with XP WIN7 basic and home premium
in both 32 and 64 bit. it also runs pretty well on Linux using wine.

Help is top notch. No mapping software to buy and re-config. Maps can be saved to your HD when connected to an APRS server and can be used in the field with RF only. Very easy to use and updated regularly.
I highly recomend.

Scott kc9mef

G6UIM Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2011 05:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
A very good piece of software for APRS, currently under active development it's getting better and better. The support from the author is second to none. a wiki has just been written at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com

VK2JNG Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2010 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Great APRS Client  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used APRSISCE/32 for many months now and run it mainly in APRS mode linked to my Kenwood TM-D710. Got it setup as a portable Fill-In digi / igate. As per the previous review I wholeheartedly agree and the support from Lynn KJ4ERJ has been fantastic. The software is getting better by the day and sometimes by the hour. I would highly recommend this free APRS client to all.

G4ILO Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2010 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Great software, brilliant support  Time owned: more than 12 months
APRSISCE is a modern, actively developed APRS client for Windows desktop and mobile platforms (up to WM 6.5). Written in C, it provides great performance even on older machines. Freeware, using free OSM mapping, there are no licenses to pay.

I have been using it since its earliest days, and though still a work in progress, the client does most of what you would expect an APRS client to do, including the best implementation of messaging anywhere. I also like the MultiTrack feature that lets you track several mobiles in separate windows zoomed-in while still keeping the big picture. I'm told it supports multi-monitors.

APRSISCE/32 can work as a standalone RF or internet client, a gateway and/or a digipeater. It fully supports all the latest APRS standards.

Worthy of mention is the outstanding support from its developer, Lynn Deffenbaugh KJ4ERJ, which is over and beyond that I have experienced with any other ham radio software, no, any other software of any description including products I've paid a lot of money. Lynn tirelessly answers your questions, listens to your suggestions and quite often has implemented them the next time you log on!

If you are interested in APRS and run Windows (or Linux - it runs under wine) you owe it to yourself to try APRSISCE/32. It's an outstanding piece of work that just keeps on getting better!