Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-265 Dummy Load Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-265 Dummy Load
MFJ-265 Dummy Load Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $$219.00
Description: Dry 2500 Dummy Load
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-265 Dummy Load.

W6AKF Rating: 0/5 Dec 28, 2010 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Lousy Pre Inspection Before Shipment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a MFJ-265 Dry Dummy Load from MFJ in Starksville, MS. Thinknig I would get faster service from MFJ, I would get it quicker; no so.

After repeated phone calls over a three week period, it finally arrived. I knew something was wrong when I heard rattling within to box. The instructions tell you to "install 4 resistors into fuse clips found in the shipping carton". WHAT RESISTORS IN THE SHIPPING CARTON! If they were there and I had installed them, I could not of use it because there was no POWER SUPPLY TO COOL IT DOWN!.

Oh,it gets worse, the two screws holding the fan were loose (the for mentioned rattle now explained)all of the screws holding support racks for the resistors were loose. Someone had spill what look like coffee on front panel and it was inside along the side of the chassis.

I called MFJ and told them of this situation and they assured me a replacement will be shipped out.

Who knows what I'll get with the "replacement", maybe 4 resistors and a power supply and no chassis and cream with the coffee.

Stephen