Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | TET-EMTRON TE 53 Help

Reviews Summary for TET-EMTRON TE 53
TET-EMTRON  TE 53 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 5 Element triband yagi

You can write your own review of the TET-EMTRON TE 53.

VK3MEG Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2013 02:15 Send this review to a friend
a very good all round antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed my te 53 a few weeks ago I came from a 4 element on 10m and wire for the rest.I have used other antennas like thr3 tri bander and some local duel banders.
Its a big antenna 8.3 (27') meter boom the elements are approx 7.5 meters with traps. its hand made and it shows it took us a few hours to assemble not rushing. it was very easy, every thing fell in place. each element was bagged separatly plenty of spare screws and bolt the quality of the aluminium showed. as well as all the fittings. These antenna's are made by one person Mark and he takes pride in his work. I looked at all the usual culprits for antenna's they all are great but I chose to buy local.
The antenna is only 10-11m off the ground its a domestic block. swr was below 1.5 first time right across all the bands.
first on air test was zl2jbr 1600 miles my previous best report from john was 5/8 to 5/9 i only run 100w and that was with wire. with the TE 5-3 5/9 +20 to plus 30db he was +35db. countries that I could only hear in the noise are now well above it. my best contact so far is to bust up eu iota pile up for an iota in Denmark a new one for me i got a 5/5 but he heard my 100 watts.4 new countries already costa rico, denmark, latvia and cuba. the fun is just begining.
Its the best thing I have done I'm glad I didn't buy that new rig and got a tower and antenna instead. my ft920 and ic 7200 should be able to handle the burden for a while.
pics on my qrz page
catch you in the pile ups
steve
vk3meg

VK2CRC Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2010 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
TET Emtron.com.au recently released a third director element for their TE 43.
I've been using the TE 43 for some time and found it to be WAY ahead of the other tribanders I'd tried. On advice from VK2DEL I purchased the add on and what a great beam it is. Razor sharp signals, very strong with good attenuation of the sides. It is the best yagi I've used in 45 years on the air.