Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 2212G 220mhz mobile amp. Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 2212G 220mhz mobile amp.
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $429.99 cir.2011
Description: The 2212G is a bilateral RF amplifier with RF sensed T/R switching. It has front panel switches to control all functions, and all RF and DC connections are made to the rear panel. The G model includes a low noise GaAs FET receive preamp as well.
More info: http://www.tesystems.com/

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 2212G 220mhz mobile amp..

N4UED Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2012 22:27 Send this review to a friend
BUY IT !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and used this amplifier since the year 2000 . They are made like tanks . I love their amplifiers . They have quality written all over them . These are made to last . They are not cheap , however you get what you pay for .
Buy any TE-SYSTEMS amplifer and you will be very happy .
Chuck N4UED

N8ECH Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2011 19:04 Send this review to a friend
A well built 130 watt brick amp with a pre amp that works.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This 2212G is the 4th TE amp I have owned. I have previously had the 1412G,0552G,and still have a 2252RA repeater model that has been in service since 1998 without a hiccup.

The 2212G runs a pair of MRF-648 transistors and is rated to accept as much as 45 watts of drive. At 130 watts out, TE specs DC power input at 13.8 volts at 16 amps.

I am the third owner of this brick. It has never been mobile until now, and looks like new.

I have installed it in my SUV to go behind my dual band 2m/220 mobile. 25 watts in gives me over 100 watts out.

These TE amps are compact, and some folks have reported putting a fan or two on the heat sink for extended duty modes.

Having owned Mirage, MFJ,TPL,and Henry SS amps through the years, I feel the TE line has the most aesthetic appeal of all of them. Note that the TPL and Henry units are Class C for FM operation only whereas the TE and Mirage/MFJ units are AB linear for all mode use.

Some have reported slow response to service issues from the factory. I had one trip back there for my 0552G which was slower than I would have liked, but overall ok in the end.

TE also does government/military work which at times gets precedence.

Overall, I rate them a good buy and would recommend them.