Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/PodCasts on ham radio | ZL9CI Video Help

Reviews Summary for ZL9CI Video
ZL9CI Video Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Documentary of the ZL9CI Campbell Island DXpedition, 1999.
More info: http://www.dxvideos.com

You can write your own review of the ZL9CI Video.

PA3AGZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2007 01:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent DVD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the ZL9CI DVD.
The DVD is a wonderful DX hamradio story to have in your digital library.
A mix of ham radio, the historie and natural overview of the island, taped by James, 9V1YC, a professional filmer is my opinion.

I highly recommend all his DVD's to have them shown on your monthly ham-meetings.

For Europeans: NO SUBTITLES.
Ordering process: excellent using PayPall

P.S. One comment for James: At the end of the film, you gave an overview of the team-members -
excellent, but can you also make an overview of the ham-gear used ???? (just a minor remark )

KB1KIX Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2005 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to say this was very well done. Great mix of DXing and the island's history and such.

After the Heard video,I figured I'd give it one more shot - since that one didn't impress me much (amateur radio was a sideline in that one for about five minutes).

I learned a lot about this dxpedition. Totally enjoyed it - I must have, that was the fastest hour I've had in a long time!!!

I will now check out a few more after this one.

On the shipping note: Stateside, I ordered mine online from http://www.dxvideos.com/ - I received both videos within 5 days.

Jonathan

W0QU Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2005 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent DVD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm delighted with the Campbell Island DXpedition video and just ordered the Bhutan DVD.

The only reason I'm not giving it a "5" is because it took 15 days to receive it after my PayPal payment was submitted ... but it was shipped from Singapore so I'm prepared to wait for my new order.

This is a DVD I'll watch over and over again. It's fascinating to see and hear what it's like to be on the DX end of a DXpedition.

W2GG Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2000 15:48 Send this review to a friend
ZL9CI/FO0AAA videos  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased both the ZL9CI and FO0AAA (Clipperton) videos. Both videos are wonderful - a delightful mix of ham radio, the histories and natural wonders of the islands. James, 9V1YC, is truly a talented videographer.

The prices are ideal for stocking stuffers this Christmas! I highly recommend both.

73, Bob - W2GG

G4KIU Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2000 14:03 Send this review to a friend
A "must-buy"  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I watched the ZL9CI video at the 1999 HF Convention in London, where I also met a number of the gang. Great bunch of folks!

The production is excellent and the video tells the story of the Campbell Islands DXpedition. There are plenty of shots of the preparations, the operation and the island. This was a major operation and the video shows the effort that DXpedition people put in, so that we can work them from the comfort of our shacks.

This is a "must buy".

WM5R Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2000 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Geat DX video  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is the best DXpedition video I've ever seen. It is about an hour long, and was professionally taped and edited by James Brooks 9V1YC, a member of the 1999 DXpedition to Campbell Island.