Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jetstream JTPS31MB Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTPS31MB
Jetstream JTPS31MB Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: 25A cont. 30A peak switching power supply
More info: http://randl.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTPS31MB.

WA0YSL Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Still a 6!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wrote the first review of this fine power supply. After 2+ years of almost daily use it still doesn't make any noise. On a scale of 1 to 5, it is still a 6!

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2012 23:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned this for approximately 3 months and so far love it. Works quietly and without any problems so far. Reasonably priced and well constructed, in my opinion. Small in size so it is easy to fit anywhere and very light. Great power supply and we'll see how it holds up over time.

YV3EDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2012 02:34 Send this review to a friend
SUPERB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my PS last week in Houston Amateur Supply in Springs, TX , when I opened the box I surprised by the small size of this PS.
I must confess that I don't trust in switching PS due to his RFI noise, but this small jewel DOES NOT HAVE this RFI issue. I will buy another one for my shack.
Other feature I like is the iluminated dial and no fan noise
Best 73's DX
Alberto
YV-3-EDO / 6 and /D2

KD0PGV Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2012 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Switching PS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using Comm Series, Astron & Kenwood liner and switching power supplies but I decided to move to a singe 30 amp supply to save room on my desk. After doing some research and reading reviews I purchased the JPTS31MB from cheapham.com, a great retailer by the way. Received it 3 days later and I was up and running. I was surprised at how well this unit was constructed and packaged from the factory. The JTPS31MB has some weight to it for such a small unit, not too heavy but enough to give it a sturdy feel and not slide around on the desk. The knobs and switches are firm and tight. The voltage adjustment knob has a notch that catches at 13.8v keeping it firmly in place in the event that it gets bumped, which prevents accidental movement of + or - voltage. The meter is spot on and well lit with LEDs (not grain of wheat bulbs). The fan spins fast for a second at startup but other than that it's not noticeable. Even running my FT2900 at full power for long QSOs I canít hear the fan while itís running. I've used the JTPS31MB continuously over the past few weeks peaking at around 20 amps at times with it powering my HTX-100, Yeasu FT2900, scanner, and a few other DC accessories. So far it has exceeded my expectations and Jetstream seems like a great company with some affordable quality products. I've only used this supply for 28 - 440 MHz rx/tx so I can't comment on its use on HF transceivers other than 10 meter. If this power supply holds up over the years then I would say itís the best deal you can find for a switching power supply of its rating. 73's

NO9E Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2011 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Very handy but not for 160m  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Small with good metering. The fan comes up on start then is inaudible unless there is a substantial load. I like the connectors in the back. Also the power cable is detachable, a nice feature.

The only problem is RFI. I bought it as RFI quiet to replace MFJ 4225, but the spurs on 160m are 10db stronger than with MFJ. Only audible with K9AY receive antenna. The spurs seem to be radiated by the mains cable.

NW9T Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2011 06:34 Send this review to a friend
Does A Great Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to give this power supply a try as the price was right, and the good reviews here on eHam. I've been using it for a while now, and everything has been great. The A/V Meter has been spot on, no hash apparent on any of the HF bands, appears solid and well built. Considering I can buy two of these compared to the price I paid for my last power supply, with the addition of handling more Amperage I think Jetstream has earned a new place on my bench. All thumbs up on this PS.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2011 00:12 Send this review to a friend
Plucky little trooper  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WOW - I was at Dayton last month, and saw this little gem at the Jetstream booth. I marveled at it's incredibly small size, and capabilities. On talking to the rep, he informed me that they had sold out of all these supplies - he didn't know of any dealer that still had stock, but informed me that they were getting a new shipment in a few weeks.
When I was back home a few weeks after Dayton, I logged into R&L, and noticed that they had new stock. I ordered one for the incredibly low price of $ 85.00. It arrived a week later, and I now have it running my new Flex 1500A transceiver.

This supply is great, incredibly small and compact, lovely V/A meters, adjustable voltage, extremely quite - I haven't heard it's fan yet, and no noise on HF. When operating the Flex 1500 (ideal rig for checking switch mode supplies) I look at the spectrum scope, and all the way up and down the bands that I have looked at, it's as clean as a whistle - no signs of birdies or hash on the waterfall display.

I have tried plenty of other switch mode supplies - I have 2 MFJ switching supplies - poor quality, the paintwork shows its age by the day. I also have a few Astron switch mode supplies with meters - these are good supplies, but noisier and larger than this Jetstream. I really don't need more supplies, but this one is so good, and so cheap, I think I will order two more.

Only thing I would prefer, would be to rather have powerpole connectors on the back. I changed all my DC connectors to powerpoles, so with this supply I have a short pigtail lead with powerpoles on the end. However, I cannot knock the supply for this, as they have put posts on the rear that would be acceptable to most users - not everyone uses powerpoles.

Great product

John, ZS5J

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2011 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Advanced Switching Power Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The time has come...switching power supplies have finally reached refinement. The jetstream JTPS31MB
30 amp power supply is silent, small, looks great.
Built like a brick. Great lit meter for amps and volts. What more could you ask for? I use it for my VHF/UHF rig and various accessories. NO HASH on the HF rig that sits next to it.

A great, refined power supply at an amazing price from the seller on ebay or other web sites.

NS1R Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2011 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I have had this supply for 3 months. No RF noise on HF-450 mhz. Very small and well built. Street price is $ 89. There is a clone of this with powerpole connectors for $119 but the clone does not have the meters. I am not sure I like the knob on the front that varies the voltage. I like my adjustments on the Inside where they cannot accidently be increased to 16 Volts (damage to transceiver)

KJ6MEV Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2011 20:57 Send this review to a friend
quiet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just got this thing. hooked it up and it works and is quiet. it looks good too. can't hear any hash. hope it is durable and lasts a long time. 89 bucks is a nice feature.