Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | LDG FTL-Meter Help

Reviews Summary for LDG FTL-Meter
LDG  FTL-Meter Reviews: 7 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Large displayed multi function meter which displays swr,watts,alc,voltage,modulation,signal strength,and has a fm discriminator also. Made for yaesu FT-897 and FT-857 radios
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG FTL-Meter.

AC2ND Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2015 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Large meter for aging eyes  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was tired of trying to guess what values were on the small vertical meter on my FT-857D. I went for this meter after reading the review and I stayed away from trying to back light the meter. I received the meter from HRO on time and in good condition. The back light for the meter still used the same plug everyone was complaining about, so I guess LDG isn't reading these reviews. Too bad. The meter has been working fine. Matches the other meters I have in the station for SWR and the internal meter for S units (approximately). I am happy. I would recommend this meter, when on sale, for anyone using the FT series at home for a base station. My station is well lite, so I can do without the back light. If needed, it is a simple modification (LDG should still correct their product).

ZL1PO Rating: 2/5 Mar 7, 2015 23:42 Send this review to a friend
Part:2 Good meter but,,,,  Time owned: more than 12 months
I forgot to add.
The radios internal voltmeter,SAMLEX powser supply panel meter and a DVM all read 13.8v yet the FTL reads at least one volt higher.

KP4MLF Rating: 0/5 Jan 19, 2015 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Poor customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got mine from Gigaparts and arrive DOA. I decided to take my multimeter and take a closer look because should be something easy. After carefully review found that those meters are extremly simple, is just the current from the radio that pass thru a variable resistor and then go to the neddle. The rest of the board and all components are just for the fancy LED lights.

Well, I found that the variable resistor was wrong, no current pass, if I bypass it the meter works perfectly fine but of course can't be calibrated without that potentiometer.

I contacted LDG by email because they never answer the phones and after explain what I found I ask them if they can just ship me that resistor (maybe $1.50 will cost to them) and I can fix the meter (do their job) . When finally they reply my email the response was "The meter is a separate circuit from the lights" , that's it. I was like duhhh, I know that (definitely they don't read my email) , I reply them back re-explaining the issue and their response was "Send it back to the reseller"... WHAT? Well, to don't make this review long I can say that need to spend $17 dollars more from my pocket to send it back to Gigaparts for a replacement and is being 3 weeks and I still don't have meter.

Of course the LDG customer service is extremly poor. Instead of make a customer happy spending $2 in a resistor and I will do their job they prefer that I spend more money to send it back for an easy fix that a Ham Radio Operator can do.

K4DL Rating: 1/5 Aug 8, 2014 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Connector is poorly manufactured  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The line connecting the radio to the meter looses connection at the rear of the unit. I have to constantly bump, move and wiggle it to get the meter to work. Emailed them about it and they simply replied "The plug-in would need to be replaced." I appreciate them stating the obvious but I would have expected a bit more useful information. Nothing telling me how to return it or what to do. I will just repair it myself and not pick up any LDG products in the future. Poor customer service on a poorly made product.

KG0MN Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2013 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got the M-1000 meter when I purchased my new AT-1000 PRO II auto-tuner and I have to say that this make the ideal combination for those of use that are running less than a full kilowatt. I have a TS-2000 with an Ameritron AL-811 and a TS-590S with an SB-200 and it will tune anything I have hanging in the air. Would I buy the setup again and recommend it to someone? In a heartbeat!!!

WJ4S Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2011 05:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was able to get this meter on sale for $69. What a deal! This is not a cross needle swr/wattmeter, but rather it is a very large S meter which is configured via the radio menu to show whatever the radio display is showing relating to modulation, ALC, transmit power, etc when transmitting. It operates as an S meter while receiving, showing signal strength, power supply voltage, etc depending on radio menu configuration. Lots of useful, easy to see info for a cheap price.

K1ROY Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2011 20:21 Send this review to a friend
super easy to setup and use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
nice large 4.5 inch display with accurate calibration done from factory but also manual calibration very much possible and easy. backlit display ina nice blue light if you want to turn it on. comes with supplied wire for direct connection to Yaesu ft-857 and ft-897 radios. Has everything you need in a meter including a discriminator so you can see if you are recieving the other station dead on frequency. Useful for fm mode simplex! I recommend this highly if you own either of those two yaesu radios and want a much larger display. Also you can still use the digital display built in the radio at same time as this does not cut out internal meter on front of radio!