Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Champion Radio Fall Arrest Harness and Positioning Belt Help

Reviews Summary for Champion Radio Fall Arrest Harness and Positioning Belt
Champion Radio Fall Arrest Harness and Positioning Belt Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $90
Description: This is the full rig, the whole nine yards of safety harness. It has the Class 3 fall arrest harness, D-rings for positioning/work lanyard and has tongue buckle belt. With tongue buckle and seat.
More info: http://www.championradio.com/

You can write your own review of the Champion Radio Fall Arrest Harness and Positioning Belt.

WM5R Rating: 4/5 Jun 29, 2000 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Good safety harness  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this safety harness for all of my tower climbing. It is a full-body harness, ensuring that you cannot fall out of it no matter how your body becomes oriented. Combined with safety lanyards attached to a D-ring between the shoulder blades, this harness can ensure that you remain attached to the tower at all times, greatly improving safety.

I've never used a belt without the full harness before, so I had no trouble getting used to the feel of wearing a full harness. I've worked as long as three hours at time up the tower while wearing it, and have become a little irritated at it after a couple of hours. I wish there were a little more support in the design for the lower back. A wider waist strap, or maybe some kind of padding back there would help. This isn't a huge problem for me, but others might suffer more.

Also, the belt comes with some straps dyed bright red. The dye has run on me when working on towers in the sun in Texas in July, but whatever dye it was, it completely washed out of my white T-shirts.

One great thing about Champion Radio is that if you order the wrong size, they will freely exhange it until you find the right size. The customer service that I have received from them is excellent.

This is a very good price for a solid product, but will have to budget additional money for other necessary accessories, like safety lanyards.