Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Telegraph Key Help

Reviews Summary for Telegraph Key
Telegraph Key Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $n/a
Description: ZN-3 vertical telegraph key
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com/keys.html

You can write your own review of the Telegraph Key.

K0HL Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2011 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ice on my Telegraph Key
I have owned a ZN-3 Key made by Tony Balino of N3ZN keys for 3 years. I use this key in my pickup mobile radio station. I live in North Dakota and park my truck outdoors. My key is subject to extreme environmental conditions of heat, cold, vibration, and dust.

Recently it was -10 F, I drove a short distance to a favorite location. As my truck started to warm up I noticed my key was covered in a thick layer of frost & ice.
Even in a bitter cold pickup truck, my ZN-3 covered in ice, it kept on belting out good clean code, making this OM sound and feel good. What more can an OM ask for in a key. Electrically heated finger paddles perhaps…
Seriously folks, this key is a fine instrument for sending Morse Code. It has very sensitive adjustments that make it easy to adjust to your fist. The paddles are located close to the surface it is sitting on making it very comfortable to operate.
I like my keys adjusted "tight", very little movement of the paddles, the ZN-3 works flawlessly at very tight settings. It is fast and responsive. A real pleasure to use.
The quality of every single last feature of this key is top notch. This key weighs about 5 pounds; it doesn't move around unless you have an extremely heavy fist. This key has a vertical action, I like the looks of the vertical action. The materials are solid brass with a fine finish. It looks terrific.
If you like a key that has very good feel, looks terrific, and will withstand brutal environmental conditions. Then I heartily endorse the ZN-3 key made by N3ZN.
73, K0HL