Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | Davis Wireless Weather Envoy Help

Reviews Summary for Davis Wireless Weather Envoy
Davis Wireless Weather Envoy Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $195.00
Description: Receive data from a wireless Vantage Pro2 integrated sensor suite, or Vantage Vue, and post it to your computer without a console. When used along with a WeatherLink data logger and software package, Weather Envoy will collect and store data from the outdoor sensors.
More info: http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/weather_product.asp?pnum=06316

You can write your own review of the Davis Wireless Weather Envoy.

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2011 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Great as a second console  Time owned: more than 12 months
With my Vantage Pro II, I collect weather data and upload it to the Citizen Weather Observer Program, or CWOP. In order to do this, I run a PC 24/7. With the Davis software, the PC displays, collects, and uploads the data, and makes the Davis display console really unnecessary. Enter the Wireless Weather Envoy. This is little gadget is hidden away in the Davis website. Think of this little device as a second receiver console without the display. It receives data from the sensor suite outside, and transfers the data to the PC. It will work with the Davis software or any 3rd party software that's compatible with the Davis station. I installed the data logger on the Weather Envoy which freed up the display console. This allowed me to locate it in my shack. Also keep in mind that with the optional logger, you can shut the PC off, and the logger will continue to receive and store data packets from the sensor suite until you power up the PC again. It's been running for several years, and never lets me down. Additionally, I have it on a UPS so even if there's a power outtage, my Envoy keeps receiving data.