Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Precision 612 Tube Tester Help

Reviews Summary for Precision 612 Tube Tester
Precision 612 Tube Tester Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tube Tester

You can write your own review of the Precision 612 Tube Tester.

KD0JRG Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2011 22:53 Send this review to a friend
Very useful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this unit on ebay. It evidently had been in storage for many years. I had to replace the power cord, two resistors and it's one and only capacitor. I put the unit to work right away and found it easy to use.
It has one feature that has proven very useful and that would be it's leakage test. Due to the advanced age of many our tubes these days and the inevitable reality that a few will have leaked enough air in them to ionize, the very sensitive leakage test this unit offers has already proven it's worth several times. For example I discovered a gassy tube that had offset an AVC line by 2 volts to the positive. It exhibited an in-circuit leakage of about 220 meg-ohms. The tester saw it easily!
I am impressed with the units overall integrity, appearance and performance. From front end to final it will test all the tubes you are likely to encounter in a rig, except gas regulators. Having had the unit just three weeks, I can see that it is a valuable tool and I don't plan to part with it anytime soon.