Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | LDG M-7600 Meter Help

Reviews Summary for LDG M-7600 Meter
LDG M-7600 Meter Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: Large (4-1/2" diagonal) external "mechanical" meter for the Icom IC-7600. Mimics the small "virtual" meter on the radio for all operating parameters. Plug-n-play into "meter" jack in back of the radio. Cool blue LED backlight with 12V source.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/3/55/1

You can write your own review of the LDG M-7600 Meter.

W8NWN Rating: 3/5 Oct 12, 2014 03:24 Send this review to a friend
cheap construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Manufactors will do anything to save money. That's all that matters to them, but it does work and looks good. It would have been Soooo easy to fix.

OE3SGU Rating: 3/5 Jul 19, 2013 06:07 Send this review to a friend
just OK, not good or great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The M-7600 is a nice addition to the IC-7600 and really looks cool and works good. But: 1. Constriction is far from good and very disappointing compared to other LDG products which are really worth their price. Even MFJ uses better quality cabinets. 2. The unit will not show S-units if other than menus setting AUTO is selected. Any other setting will only show the selected value on TX but NO S-units. The user manual and description is very confusing and unclear about this. 3. You better NEVER contact certain service clark at LDG. After a polite request with them I received the following answer: "Mine read S units all the time on receive no matter what the Meter is
selected to. You may need to read the Radio manual a little more." LDG better get rid of unqualified staff or at least train them since we as costumers pay their salaries. Other than these points the meter is nice to have along the IC-7600

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2013 08:52 Send this review to a friend
A must have for IC-7600 owners.  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I upgraded from an Icom 756PROIII to the Icom IC-7600 in May of 2011, one of my concerns was the somewhat limited resolution of the virtual S-meter compared to the real analog S-meter in the 756PROIII. Consequently, I ordered the LDG M-7600 external 4.5 inch meter on the same day as the transceiver. I have always been found of meters and the M-7600 is stylish in construction and quite large in size as you realize once you have it in your shack. There are several functions for this accessory, but I use the “auto” setting for transmit/receive which means that it duplicates the functions of the radio’s meter. This is an excellent product, and I specifically like the backlit meter face which is in cool LED blue. Yes, there is a brightness control, but I have never seen the need to make changes from the default setting. I also like that the cables are supplied, so one does not need to buy/make those extra. This is a highly recommended accessory for IC-7600 owners. I chose to mount it on top of the transceiver as can be seen in a photograph in my webpage on QRZ.COM; http://www.qrz.com/db/TF3JB

An earlier reviewer is correct, when he says that the “…back panel is not fixed to the sides/top and flexes inward. Likewise, the front plastic panel does the same thing”. This irritates me each time I want to move the meter about (for cleaning, etc.) since I tend to put my fingers on the front and back panel when lifting it. I would suggest that LDG think about improving on this imperfection. Despite this, my verdict is a 5 (but I would have graded the product at 4.5 due to this flaw had it been possible).

73 de Jónas Bjarnason, TF3JB.

W5ZZT Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2013 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Must have accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love this meter! If you own an Icom 7600 you will enjoy this large analog meter. Gives the option of viewing a different fuction on the radio and the meter at the same time.

I agree on the way the case was made but it is still a high quality good looking case.

KH6TA Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2011 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Love It, Great Accessory!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yeah, it's not built like a tank, but then again, once you hook it up it just sits there on the shelf, may not survice a Tsunami though.(LOL!)

Okay, truth is that this meter is GREAT! It's easy to read, well lit with soft blue lighting, what more could you ask for for $75? I think it's a GREAT accessory for the IC-7600, and within 1W (100W Scale) of the reading on a Bird Meter right out of the box!

If you have a 7600, get this meter! Thanks LDG for another great product!

K9MHZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2011 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Great item!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really enjoy this item. It's an exact copy of the rig's electronic meter, and displays whatever you choose in the radio's settings. Personally, I use it for power display, and set the transmitter's display to ALC.....very convenient.

The display is lighted and very professional looking. The construction is fine.....TOTALLY disagree with the reviewer below who writes that somehow it's a flaw.

You'll enjoy it.

N4RSS Rating: 3/5 Apr 5, 2011 11:16 Send this review to a friend
OK but flimsy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ditto everything good in the prior review but am disappointed in the somewhat flimsy construction. The back panel is not fixed to the sides/top and flexes inward. Likewise the front plastic panel does the same thing. Wouldn't have been hard for them to address this.

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2011 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Convenient addition to Icom IC-7600  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a nice accessory to augment and improve the viewing of the small "virtual" meter on the IC-7600. In my operating position, the mic and shock mount mounted on a boom can impair the view of the radios' meter. Putting the external meter off to the side allows you to easily see the S-meter reading on receive, and the radio-selected transmit parameter...power, SWR, compression, ALC, PA drain voltage, and PA drain current. A menu in the radio lets you select a fixed transmit parameter that is different from what you select for the radios' meter, so you cam see two different readings at once. You can also select "auto", which will show the same reading as selected on the front "meter" switch, mimicing the radios' meter. One nit-pick...unless you choose "auto", when the radio switches from transmit to receive, the external meter will not show the S-meter reading on receive...it will only show the transmit parameter you selected in the menu while transmitting. Not LDG's fault...it's just the way the radio outputs to the meter. Since I mostly use an amplifier, I monitor ALC, so I selected "auto" in the menu and "ALC" on the front meter switch, and I get the S-meter reading on the M-7600, along with ALC. The cool blue LED backlight greatly improves visibility.

Although not "necessary" for the radios' operation, I find the meter to be, for $80, a wothwhile investment for its' convenience.