Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Heil SM2-B Shock Mount Help

Reviews Summary for Heil SM2-B Shock Mount
Heil SM2-B Shock Mount Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $95.00
Description: Microphone shock mount in black for Heil PR-781. Isolates mic from boom vibration.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil SM2-B Shock Mount.

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2011 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Looks professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a new radio that had a $200 gift certificate promo from the manufacturer, so I decided to use part of it for the SM2-B to go with my PR-781 mic and boom.

It's designed to dampen any vibration to the mic, such as pounding on your desk in frustration trying to bust through a DX pile-up, or moving a squeaking boom around while talking :>) Not having the boom mounted on my desk, I used the mic and boom for years (sans shock mount) without incidence of vibration. However the gift certificate allowed me to get something frivolous for "free".

Bottom line: Seems sturdy and well-made, and it makes my station have that cool, professioonal, commercial look...impresses the visitors to my shack. Whether you "need" it or not, if you have $95 burning a hole in your pocket, or can get it for free, it gives your shack a nice finishing touch... makes you want to visit your shack just to look at it, despite poor band conditions.