Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Norm's Rotor Service Help

Reviews Summary for Norm's Rotor Service
Norm's Rotor Service Reviews: 83 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $varies
Description: Antenna rotor service, sales, and parts.

You can write your own review of the Norm's Rotor Service.

N3SCR Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2018 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased at least 5 rebuilt CDE Rotors from RotorNorm over the years, including CD-44 / Ham II, and Ham III models. All of the rotors have been professionally rebuilt to standards equal to or exceeding the OEM specs. All of the rotors have also performed quite well in my set-up. RotorNorm's exchange program has also saved me extra trips up the tower. Dealing with RotorNorm has always been a pleasure and the pricing is fair for the quality of the products that are sold. I have never hesitated to purchase from RotorNorm and I highly recommend the business to the Ham community.
N7JEH Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2018 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Norm saved my destroyed rotor  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I moved from Nevada I hired a company to take down my antennas with a bucket truck as I was travelling for work. Unbeknownst to me they disassembled my rotor, losing most of the bearings and some other components. I sent it to Norm and he rebuilt to better than new condition adding the brake delay which was not offered when I bought it.
Norm and I communicated all through the process via e-mail so there were no surprises or misunderstandings. I would not hesitate to use him again in the future. Thanks Norm!!
AA0BL Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2018 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Great product and service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My 25+ year old rotor failed last summer and I decided to try one of Norm's refurbished units to replace it.
Norm was very helpful in helping me to choose the proper unit for my installation, and in doing a refurbish of my control unit. Our communication via email was extremely helpful. His shipments were very well packaged, and arrived in good condition.
I am very happy with the replacement Ham IV installation, and it works great.
Thank you Norm and your excellent staff.
K7NNV Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2017 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After purchasing a home after 22 plus years of full time rving I decided to put two yagi's on a 36 foot Rohn 25 tower I had previously installed. For over 25 years I have always heard Norms Rotor Service was the go to place for rebuilt Hygain rotors rather than buying new.
I emailed Norms Rotor Service saying I wanted a T-2X rotor and controller. I received a reply asking what tower I had and what antennas I was installing on the tower and other questions. I had previously read on Eham were someone was taken back by that request but I replied anyway.
As it turns out, the T-2X would have required modification (cutting) on my tower which I certainly did not want to do. NRS took everything that I told them into consideration and recommended a Ham4 rotor and controller which I ordered.
I received the rotor (with JAN plug installed), controller (with brake delay installed)and HD rotor cable (with JAN plug installed) today and bench tested it as NRS requested. so far I am very happy with the purchase.
K3IE Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2017 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Hygain Rotor Control on E-Bay that needed some attention. I e-mailed the symptoms to RotorNorm and he responded promptly with some possible causes. The meter in the rotor box was known for being problematic. I sent him the control box and within a week I had it back and fully functional. RotorNorm swapped out the meter, tested the components, and replaced some parts that were probably close to failing. His pricing was reasonable and his service was prompt. Would not hesitate to use RotorNorm again.
N9DWE Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2017 12:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent in my rotor that had been up for 20 years and survived about everything. It was time for an overhaul. I had always heard good things about Norm's rotor service and so sent the rotor and control box in for repair. When I got it back it was perfect, as they say it looked right off the show room floor.
He installed the delayed brake mechanism, what a nice feature. He answered all my questions in a timely and professional manner, unfortunately one was cockpit error. I would recommend Norm's rotor service anytime for your Ham
Rotor repairs.
K7ORV Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2017 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Awesome advice with the parts!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Norm was great about advising me what I needed in addition to the failed part and answering several questions I had about how to protect the rotor from failure in the future. He also went the extra mile by putting a handwritten note on the receipt informing me the self adhesive on the brake pads would need gasket sealer or some type of glue added. I used 3M contact weatherstrip adhesive and it worked out great. Thanks Norm.
WG5N Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2016 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently sent an older "dead" Ham IV rotor along with the control box. Norm completely rebuilt the defective rotor and box. Made them look and work as new. I highly recommend his services. Excellent customer service and repair work.
AD6GE Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2016 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Norm's Great Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a part for a rotor control box that I was given. I wrote to Norms, and received a reply in less than an hour with the part description and price shipped.
I ordered the part, paid vis PayPal(recommended by Norms) and the part was shipped the same day.
They have wonderful customer service, and I highly recommend them. AD6GE
KE0CWR Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Parts Order & Information  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Alliance 73 Rotor still works but needed some hardware , E Mailed Norm for Information Expecting to wait days or weeks for a reply as is the case with a lot of internet stores . Supprised me to no end when got reply with in 30 min.
This is late afternoon , he had what I wanted & gave me Pay Pay information I ordered parts he shipped the next morning & 3 days later got what I ordered all in good shape.
Best place on internet I have ever done bussines With Will recomend