Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex 50th Anniversary Vibrokeyer Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex 50th Anniversary Vibrokeyer
Vibroplex 50th Anniversary Vibrokeyer Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: LIMITED EDITION: 2010 marsk the 50th year that the original Vibrokeyer was released for production. This key has Deluxe jeweled components and unique serial numbers: 50VK001-50VK250
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex 50th Anniversary Vibrokeyer.

W9DPY Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2011 22:05 Send this review to a friend
Unique and Beautiful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really didn't need another key, especially around Christmas time. But I have always had a fond spot for the Vibrokeyer (tell old hams that and watch their faces!). My dad was an "old school" bug man (I still have his original Vibroplex bug) who was good for 25 - 30 WPM. When I was a kid; I asked to try and practice on the bug. Instead of the bug, he had an old Vibrokeyer standard laying around. So, I got to use that. And - I still have it. When I saw the announcements for the 50th anniversary edition; I knew I would have to get one. And I am glad I did.

The new one is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. My old standard didn't have the jeweled movement. The 50th anniversary edition is noticeably smoother due to this. And the special paint and stripping only make it look better. I ordered mine with the black finger pieces. Red is also an option. The action itself is solid - much more so than my old Vibrokeyer. Wheather this is due to the age difference of the keys or (as I guess) better manufacturing; I don't know, but it's apparent.

I'm no CW guru but I am in the process of relearning and improving my code skills. I have a number of keys but I tend toward single paddle keys (besides the two Vibrokeyers I have a Kent single paddle) due to what I learned on. Seeing that I got that original Vibrokeyer standard from my dad in the early 70's; it's a very early model. As much as I love it for sentimental reasons, the new 50th anniversary edition (I have 50VK147) is a better key in every way; and like the original, will never leave the shack.

WD5CCW Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2011 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Solid and Fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the first Vibroplex keyer I have owned and its a great looking key. I've had no trouble getting used to it and it took very little tweaking to fit it to my style. Mine is #50VK037.