Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EA4TX Antenna Rotator System Help

Reviews Summary for EA4TX Antenna Rotator System
EA4TX Antenna Rotator System Reviews: 67 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The ARS-USB is the easiest and highest performance Universal Rotor Interface for handling any Antenna Rotor (Azimuth & Elevation). You'll be able to control your Antenna Rotor from your computer (local or remotely). Also you can use it as a replacement of the original rotor controller.
More info: http://www.ea4tx.com

You can write your own review of the EA4TX Antenna Rotator System.

EA7KW Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2017 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Superb rotator controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just hooked my old Hy-Gain T2X rotator to EA4TX's ARS-USB controller. I'm very happy with it and, although it's been in the market for quite few years, I'd like to make a short review.

ARS-USB can be used with almost any rotator, old or new model, replacing your old control box. Another version has elevation control, not mine. Manuals are easy to read and they have the specific details needed for each rotator.
You can play with the box moving manually the antennas direction with buttons or using the preset memory. If you want to use the computer to turn your antennas ARSVCOM Windows software can be used as well in the same way as the control box.
It can be interfaced with the most popular logging and contest programs, just click on the DX spot and the antennas will point to it.

The azimuth pot on HAM IV/T2X is far from being linear. With to the ARSCONF program you can adjust the offsets every 20 degrees. Thanks to this feature my T2X now points to the real direction matching with the digital reading on both ARSVCOM and ARS-USB LCD display.
Another issue in the HAM IV/T2X is that the break solenoid fails to release from the gearwheel, specially in a windy day, so you need to push the brake button and swing briefly to one direction and the other to brake free the wedge from the wheel. This device can be configured to do it automatically, just check the proper box in the setup. The manufacturer of these Hy-Gain rotators recommends that after the brake is disengage and antennas are rotated you must keep the button pressed for some seconds until the aerials stop swinging. This has also been taken care in the setup.
Almost forgot to say that ARSVCOM can also be use to control the rotator remotely. The company owner is easy to reach and ready to solve any doubts you may have.

Josť, EA7KW

G7GQW Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2016 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent hardware and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After checking out other interfaces I decided that this one has the features I need and after owning it for about a month and running it 24hrs a day I can say that I am well pleased.I use the ARS-USB connected to Wxtrack and SDR# and my old Yaesu G-5500 rotator controller.Very easy to set up and use. I asked Pablo if it was possible to add a"rotor update limiter" to ARSVCOM to stop unnecessary wear and tear on the rotor and within a very short time he had done it!! I can't remember when I have had such a fast response.It works perfectly on my Win10/64bit system.I also bought the unit because of it's ease of connection to different types of rotors as I intend to retire the G-5500 and change to a 12vDC system using the ARS-USB onboard relays.I would recommend Pablo and the ARS-USB,you won't be disappointed.

W7QL Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2016 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Support!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I read several reviews of the ARS-USB before purchasing, and can verify that the comments about great support are true! Pablo responds quickly to questions. More importantly, after owning the unit for several months I noticed an anomalous condition in my setup. Pablo verified that it was a bug, within a few hours of my message. Then produced a fully functional firmware upgrade within 45 minutes! Unbelieveable!

The product looks good and works well. I especially like the styling, the USB interface to my computer and the smooth integration with SatPC32.

Excellent work, Pablo!

K6HR Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2016 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Support!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had an old G-800SDX for AZ, and then I bought an even older Kenpro KR-500 elevation rotor. It looked like the ARS-USB-AE was the best solution to get these old rotors working together for az/el. I had a few questions during the installation and Pablo, EA4TX was quick to reply with a solution each time! This is a great product with top-class support. Works flawlessly with Sat32PC. Highly recommended!

KY5Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Hardware and Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought the EA4TX ARS USB interface to automate my AZ_EL tracking with the Yeasu G-5500 Rotor System. I had a a lot of questions along the way and Pablo provided great technical support, even close to 23:00 PM his time - way above the call of duty. He answered email questions as well as remote computer support so that he could poke around and look at my installation. We got everything running as expected ans it works flawlessly. I give Pablo an A+ for putting up with me as I came up the learning curve. Thanks for all the help. Bill, KY5Q

F1AFZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2015 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Very great tracker !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pablo EA4TX update the firmware ARSVCOM (ARS-USB) for Windows10 and now work very well.
Great job from Pablo and ARSVCOM is the best tracker.
I'm enjoy to use it, thank's Pablo

K5LA Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Tracker  Time owned: more than 12 months
First, I am using Win 8.1 64 bit, Ea4TX ARS-USB interface, Yaesu G-5500 (AZ. and Ele.) Rotor and MoonSked Moon and Sun tracking software.
I purchased the EA4TX about a year ago so it still had the older firmware installed. It worked fine in Win 7 Pro but not Win 8.1. Pablo, Pablo,EA4TX explained that it is necessary to update the firmware for Win 8.1.. I had to do it in Win 7 Pro. After I updated the firmware it automatically downloaded the driver software from the internet. The Yaesu driver that David, GM4JJJ supplied with the MoonSked EME software (registered version) will interface with the ARS-USB driver. Just select the same serial port for each. MoonSked works with out the ARSVCOM6 software.
Floyd, K5LA

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2015 04:53 Send this review to a friend
my second ars-usb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my ham m idiom press system with a Yaesu GR 800s and just added an ARS USB.

Initially the calibration voltage wasn't coming up to 5v and an email was dispatched to Pablo. I received a reply within hours with a modification to perform and now it calibrated and tracks perfectly. Pablo was not even home when he replied, so that is exceptional service.

The unit is well constructed, with a sturdy circuit board and quality components and are very handsome looking. It interfaced with my win xp computer running HRD with no problems, the drivers installed right away.

Also lots of documentation is included on a cd shipped with the unit, but Pablos website has a wealth of information in addition.There are tons of schematics for most popular rotators, and some Ive never heard of. It requires basic mechanical and soldering skills to install the connecting cable, which you must supply.

For the price you just cannot beat it

K3VPZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2015 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pablo took time out and answered every question to my complete satisfaction. He helped me before and after the sale. This rotor controller is top of the line and is much better than other higher priced controllers on the market. You will be satisfied and happy with the purchase!

CT1HXB Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2015 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great product. Very good design and reliable. Great support from Pablo.