Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EA4TX Antenna Rotator System Help

Reviews Summary for EA4TX Antenna Rotator System
EA4TX Antenna Rotator System Reviews: 52 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $120. USD
Description: The ARS will allow to control ANY antenna rotator (Azimuth & Elevation) from a computer. Even if you are only interested on HF arrays, the ARS will allow it. Supported from most programs as DX4WIN, WriteLog, Nova, ...
More info: http://www.ea4tx.com

You can write your own review of the EA4TX Antenna Rotator System.

EA5SX Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2012 11:00 Send this review to a friend
FB  Time owned: months
The EA5TX RCI-USB I can say is a most reliable unit having had it installed and working for a year now. It replaced my faulty EMOTO 1200FXX control unit although I still use it to provide 29 VDC to turn the rotor.

The "After-sale-Service" from Pablo, EA4TX, is 2 nd. to none! One receives a quick reposnse. Muchisimas gracias Pablo

Hal EA5SX-G3NMH

VE4NSA Rating: 2/5 Feb 4, 2012 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Outdated  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sold mine a long time ago. Finding PCs and/or laptops with a parallel printer port is more and more impossible. The unit really needs at a minimum a serial port interface or USB support.

WB2SZR Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2011 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product and Amazing Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Added the new RCI-USB Rotor Controller to my EME station. The RCI-USB comes complete in a nice black case, LCD screen and front panel push button control but most importantly it is directly compatible with the USB on my Windows 7 Computer and communicates with HRD and EME System 7 for tracking the moon.

As I was using an older HD-73 for AZ, I had some technical and calibration issues and Pablo responded quickly to my questions and issues. Does he ever sleep?

Their website has not been updated yet to offer this new product, I had heard a rumor and sent him an email and got one if the first units.

Well worth the money, worked perfectly with my older HD-73 and Yaesu G500 rotors.

73s
Les
W2LPL

KA7V Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2011 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Upgraded to the RCI-USB board, very nice features.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve been QRV for EME on 432 MHz since 2004 from Eastern Oregon although I havenít been particularly active. For most of that time I worked in another state.

From the beginning though I wanted to track the moon with computer control of my antennas. From a Google search I found the EA4TX ARS SI (Antenna Rotor System) board that serves as an interface between and computer and antenna rotor system.

Pablo, EA4TX, was very helpful in advising me on setting it up and calibrating it. Once youíve done it, it is extremely simple, all you really need is a screw driver and hookup wire.

The way it works with just about any rotor in the world is through analog/digital conversion that takes digital data provided by Moon or Satellite tracking software and converting it to analog voltages that automate control of the rotor control unit and guide the antenna rotor unit.

I use the Ham IV azimuth rotor and the Yaesu G550 elevation control systems. But as I said it will work with virtually any rotor system including those that are of non-commercial design. And EA4TX is a great source of information and always willing to help.

His company now has a new product on the market, the RCI-USB board. The interface to the antenna control units is identical to the previous generation board and again it comes with an enormous amount of documentation that provides step by step instructions for control unit connection.

The RCI-USB board has major enhancements. First it uses a USB port and as USB cable is supplied for the hookup to a computer USB port. This is newer technology than the parallel port interface utilized in the previous generation model. It also has an LCD display that provides real time antenna position in azimuth and elevation. Next to the LDC display is a keyboard that allows manual control of the rotor system.

There are four buttons, two move the azimuth rotor right or left; the other two buttons move the elevation rotor up and down. These are all really nice enhancements. Iím now able to quickly look at the LCD display and referencing that to the position information to the computer tracking program. I use the GM4JJJ MoonSked tracking program which not only tracks the moon but several other noise sources as well. It also includes a schedule maker which determines when you have a common window with another station anywhere in the world.

The RCI-USB board is not inexpensive but the price is quite reasonable and affordable for anyone who has invested the time and money to set up an EME capable station. For me, Iím able to totally automate my station and I can devote 100% of my efforts during an eme sked or random QSO to copying the other station. And thatís really a plus.

ST2NH Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2009 11:52 Send this review to a friend
59 plus  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
1st (year) the ARS board in the box.
2nd hour - reading the manual!
3rd hour - wiring .
4th hour calling cq sat.

Great rotar interface PABLO GARCIA

OZ8PG Rating: 4/5 Mar 7, 2009 03:48 Send this review to a friend
excellent support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My problem was the rotor not being aligned to North, but 065 degrees at full CCW. The rotor being an Yaesu-1000SDX with 450 degrees rotation.
The ARS-indication had to be OFFSET by 065 degrees, and the ARS calibration to refer to an 360degree rotation.All these non-standard things was solved due to good support from Pablo. The ARS is now working perfect and remote controlled as well.
73's from OZ8PG, Per

ON5KST Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2009 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Very fine after purchase service !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have bought that card in 2005 and real fine job with that interface !
In december 2008, I change my computer and my transceiver ... and have problem with ARSWIN ! ! !
I send an email to Pablo and the next day I have the solution from Pablo ... wel ! ... after three years no problem to have continuing service !
MANY THANKS for the aids ... 73's

IV3PGQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2008 01:53 Send this review to a friend
Great product & assistance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm incoming to the world of the satellite for the first time and even before to purchase it Pablo give me the necessary information to plan everything.
Also after the purchase the assistance has been perfect, always available in brief time.
I have purchased the ars-el-10, it is of easy installation and setting, the instructions are complete and simple and now working very well.
I am very satisfied of this purchase.

KB5BOB Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2007 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this controller since 2006 and what a dream it has been controlling the Yaesu 5500 and my satellite system. The installation was quick and easy. The instruction manual is concise and very helpful.

Anyone wanting to have automatic rotor control should add this to their shack.

Craig L. Wright
NX50

W5DAV Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2007 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Greatest Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this controller for over 3 years and have been totally impressed with the functionality of this product. I use the 10-bit system with my Rotor yeasu 5400b.

Not only does it work perfectly, but when I have had a problem, I have ALWAYS had great support with EA4TX's expertise.

The software installs easily will little knowledge of installations procedures. Just follow the prompts.

This is a super product and is worth it's weight in gold. For anyone that uses computers with their antenna system, this is a MUST additive to your Shack.

I actually placed mine in it's own box I made with Radio Shack's "build a box stuff". With a little bit of my own creativity, this box looks great with my setup.

73's