Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EA4TX Antenna Rotator System Help

Reviews Summary for EA4TX Antenna Rotator System
EA4TX Antenna Rotator System Reviews: 58 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $120. USD
Description: The ARS-USB is the easiest and highest performance Universal Rotor Interface for handling any Antenna Rotor (Azimuth & Elevation). You'll be able to control your Antenna Rotor from your computer (local or remotely). Also you can use it as a replacement of the original rotor controller.
More info: http://www.ea4tx.com

You can write your own review of the EA4TX Antenna Rotator System.

KB6MHK Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2013 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Great people behind the product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like our family trip to Barcelona I have SWEET experience in using the system for 9++ years.It is EXTREMELY reliable. Quite a few time, the system did not work and I always "traced" to problems beyond the board. Couple of days ago, the board "did not" work. After couple of days of "debugging" I realized by changing the backup battery in an old but reliable IBM Thinkpad laptop computer, the settings of the printer port had changed.So always look beyond the board. Meanwhile like always, Pablo and Stan Stockton were quick to respond to my SOS with PASSION.Thanks ! Pablo ! for the fun I have with ham satellites!!

KD8BZY Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2013 23:42 Send this review to a friend
Just what I was wanting  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Am building a 2m EME station and wanted to have automatic moon tracking via computer control. Digital controllers are so expensive, it seems, and especially so for both AZ and EL control together. Pablo's ARS-USB fell within my price capability and I was able to get one from CYCLE 24 Antenna here in the U.S.A.. In fact I am the proud VERY FIRST customer of a U.S. distributer for the ARS-USB. I have mine hooked up and controlling a Yaseu G-550 elevation rotator and a T2X azmuthal rotator and have the ARS-USB interfaced with the computer. I am using EME System V.7 software and it does track the moon for me. I do have a situation with the T2X (nothing to do with the ARS-USB) in that the T2X rotates a bit too fast for the EME software. I am trying to figure a good way to slow the rotation of the Hygain T2X. My antenna boom is 23 ft. and that provides a lot of enertia. Again that has nothing to do with Pablo's ARS-USB controller. Take care in ordering yours as there are two models available, one for Amuth rotors only and one for both azmuth and elevation. I LOVE MINE. Look up Cycle 24 Antenna on the internet if you wish yours from a U.S. distributer. I highly recommend this controller and also Cycle-24.

73 and best DX to u all. Roger

K5NAA Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2013 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being new to having a rotator and wanting ability to click and rotate I opted for EA4TX's ARS/USB. And I was very happy with his support of his product and the assistance he provided me.

If you want a great product with superior workmanship and superb support this is the product for you!

VE7EPP Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2013 23:28 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly, excellent support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, I have have to say that I am very happy with my AE4TX controller. I have the latest USB version, which for some reason isn't the one shown in the picture above.

I initially configured the AE4TX controller to work with my Yaesu G-5400 Controller and AZ/EL rotors. I have now configured it to work without the Yaesu controller and it operates both rotors perfectly.

Pablo was excellent with his communications and support and within a day my questions were answered and controller wired up. Thanks again Pablo.

OK1UMX Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2012 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Perfect device  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great device, which does everything as declared. Pablo's reactivity to questions is excellent.

W0DHB Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2012 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using the ARS-USB product in conjunction with a Yaesu G-5500 AZ/EL system. It is replacing an LVBTracker. The LVBTracker is a good product also, but could not stand up to the lightning/static we have here in Colorado.
The main features of the ARS-USB product that caught my attention were.
1) It utilized relays rather than transistor switching to control rotation.
2) It will work with with any rotator.
3) It can used to replace the manufacturer's Controller if need be.
4) It's support for 450 deg AZ rotators is done in such a way that it will work with programs that only support 360 deg rotators.
5) It speaks Yaesu's GS-232

Both pre-sales and post-sales support have been excellent !

EA5SX Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2012 11:00 Send this review to a friend
FB  Time owned: months
The EA5TX RCI-USB I can say is a most reliable unit having had it installed and working for a year now. It replaced my faulty EMOTO 1200FXX control unit although I still use it to provide 29 VDC to turn the rotor.

The "After-sale-Service" from Pablo, EA4TX, is 2 nd. to none! One receives a quick reposnse. Muchisimas gracias Pablo

Hal EA5SX-G3NMH

VE4NSA Rating: 2/5 Feb 4, 2012 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Outdated  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sold mine a long time ago. Finding PCs and/or laptops with a parallel printer port is more and more impossible. The unit really needs at a minimum a serial port interface or USB support.

WB2SZR Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2011 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product and Amazing Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Added the new RCI-USB Rotor Controller to my EME station. The RCI-USB comes complete in a nice black case, LCD screen and front panel push button control but most importantly it is directly compatible with the USB on my Windows 7 Computer and communicates with HRD and EME System 7 for tracking the moon.

As I was using an older HD-73 for AZ, I had some technical and calibration issues and Pablo responded quickly to my questions and issues. Does he ever sleep?

Their website has not been updated yet to offer this new product, I had heard a rumor and sent him an email and got one if the first units.

Well worth the money, worked perfectly with my older HD-73 and Yaesu G500 rotors.

73s
Les
W2LPL

KA7V Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2011 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Upgraded to the RCI-USB board, very nice features.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve been QRV for EME on 432 MHz since 2004 from Eastern Oregon although I havenít been particularly active. For most of that time I worked in another state.

From the beginning though I wanted to track the moon with computer control of my antennas. From a Google search I found the EA4TX ARS SI (Antenna Rotor System) board that serves as an interface between and computer and antenna rotor system.

Pablo, EA4TX, was very helpful in advising me on setting it up and calibrating it. Once youíve done it, it is extremely simple, all you really need is a screw driver and hookup wire.

The way it works with just about any rotor in the world is through analog/digital conversion that takes digital data provided by Moon or Satellite tracking software and converting it to analog voltages that automate control of the rotor control unit and guide the antenna rotor unit.

I use the Ham IV azimuth rotor and the Yaesu G550 elevation control systems. But as I said it will work with virtually any rotor system including those that are of non-commercial design. And EA4TX is a great source of information and always willing to help.

His company now has a new product on the market, the RCI-USB board. The interface to the antenna control units is identical to the previous generation board and again it comes with an enormous amount of documentation that provides step by step instructions for control unit connection.

The RCI-USB board has major enhancements. First it uses a USB port and as USB cable is supplied for the hookup to a computer USB port. This is newer technology than the parallel port interface utilized in the previous generation model. It also has an LCD display that provides real time antenna position in azimuth and elevation. Next to the LDC display is a keyboard that allows manual control of the rotor system.

There are four buttons, two move the azimuth rotor right or left; the other two buttons move the elevation rotor up and down. These are all really nice enhancements. Iím now able to quickly look at the LCD display and referencing that to the position information to the computer tracking program. I use the GM4JJJ MoonSked tracking program which not only tracks the moon but several other noise sources as well. It also includes a schedule maker which determines when you have a common window with another station anywhere in the world.

The RCI-USB board is not inexpensive but the price is quite reasonable and affordable for anyone who has invested the time and money to set up an EME capable station. For me, Iím able to totally automate my station and I can devote 100% of my efforts during an eme sked or random QSO to copying the other station. And thatís really a plus.