Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | K-PO WR2100 Help

Reviews Summary for K-PO WR2100
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Mains/battery portable.

You can write your own review of the K-PO WR2100.

BXLISTENER Rating: 3/5 Feb 5, 2011 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Good second/backup radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my K-PO WR2100 for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. Mine cost 79:99 plus postage in the UK. I wanted a cheap radio I could use when away from my main radio which is a Yaesu FRG7700. I'd read some bad reviews for the K-PO so I ordered one more in hope than expectation. Well, it seems I'm one of the lucky ones because this one seems OK. Imagine an Eton S350DL with stable tuning and no images and that pretty much sums this radio up. I think it looks, feels and sounds good. My listening is 99% broadcast so the lack of a BFO or SSB is no big deal. It will run on 4 D cells or 4 AAs, mains or adaptor. If the mains power goes down it switches to battery automatically which is nice. The tuning knob is nice and smooth. The telescopic whip is about 110cm long, robust and fully adjustable. It holds position and doesn't fall over. Bands are MW 520 to 1710, SW1 1711 to 10010, SW2 9990 to 20010, SW3 19990 to 29999 and FM 87 to 108. As well as the usual line out and ext ant sockets there is an IF OUT socket (useful for DRM?). If the Quality Controll on these radios was better then I'd give it a 4. If you do order one hang on to your receipt and the box the radio came in! If anything goes horribly wrong with mine I'll let e.ham know. 73s and good DX everyone. Ian Evans in the UK.