Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Diamond CP-610 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond CP-610
Diamond CP-610 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $239.95 in the US
Description: Vertical dual-band antenna for 28 and 50 MHz. 5/8 in 28 MHz, 2x5/8 in 50 MHz.
3.4 dB 28 MHz / 5.5 dB 50 MHz
500 watts SSB, 200 watts FM.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/cp610.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond CP-610.

K6WGX Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2017 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Works for me - quieter than my dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was able to assemble and mount the CP-610 in a little over an hour. I wanted to add 6 meters and keep my 10 meter ability so I replaced an old 10 meter vertical. The antenna is tuned by varying the length, also the 10 meter radial needs to be tuned. The measurements are in the instructions so all you need is a tape measure. You will need a couple of screwdrivers and wrenches for the assembly. Mine had 10mm bolts and both straight slot and Phillips screws.
I set it up for the lower end of the bands per the instructions. My analyzer picture mostly looks like the sample in the instructions. Mine works well with a tuner on 20 and 30 meters. I do have a 40 meter ground mounted vertical within about 30 feet so maybe the ground radials from that help. Using 6 meter JT-65, I was able to get about 2db improved signal on a reporting station about 100 miles away, over my dipole. This is noticeably quieter than the dipole at my residential neighborhood.
The pdf instructions from the manufacturers web site are a little faded and the picture seems not real clear, but it is not hard to figure out how it all goes together.

KX4DX Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2016 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Works as specified on 6 and 10 meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this antenna to use with my Yaesu FT-8900R in conjunction with the Comet CF-530 duplexer and the Comet CX-333 tri-band(144/220/440 MHz)collinear vertical. The CP-610 was mounted on a chimney mount 20 feet above the ground, while the Comet CX-333 was mounted 20 above the ground on another chimney 45 feet away. The transmission lines from these 2 antennas were then connected to the Comet CP-530 duplexer in the shack and then to the Yaesu FT-8900R.
The CP-610 performs essentially as indicated in the instruction manual. I assembled the antenna measurements for a 52 MHz setting(insertion length 27 cm for pipe #3 into pipe #4).
VSWR measurements using my Bird 4304A-1 indicated 2 apparent resonance points on 6 meters with a minimum VSWR of 1.59 on 51.100 MHz and 1.47 on 52.900 mhz. The CP-610 also exhibited a minimum VSWR on 10 meters of 1.23 at 29.000 mhz.
I can easily operate 3 50 MHz repeaters within 50 miles on my QTH. I haven't had any experience with 10 meter repeaters as yet, but am looking forward to such as band conditions allow.
Overall, I am very happy with the CP-610 so far!

PA3FPZ Rating: 2/5 Jul 30, 2013 05:33 Send this review to a friend
OK on 6 bad on 10  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At first glance a decent antenna. Comes in a good box, with all parts individually sealed. The aluminium used is hard drawn, makes a high pitched sound when tapped. Assembly is easy, tuning is pre-set, just follow the instructions in Japanese English (HiHi). Installing it on my tower went stress-free as well, until I came to the final part, the 10 meter resonator. The thread on the resonator did not fit into the radial ring. I had to re-tap the tread. Then came the final tuning. I tried 6 meters, big smile, nice resonance on 50.7 MHz, good reception as well. A real winner, at least I thought so.
Tried it on 10 meters, no joy! I could not get it resonant anywhere. Borrowed an analyser and found it resonant on 32 MHz. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to resonate on 10 meters. Talked about it to my dealer, supposedly a known problem and within two days I got a replacement resonator. After replacing the resonator, still no joy, it was now resonant on 30 MHz and 16 MHz. I lost all confidence of it being a dualbander, also this known problem should have been explained to me on buying the antenna.

Conclusion: Great for 6 meters, definitely not anywhere else.

MM0OVV Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2012 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I think this is a great antenna because it does more than it says on the packet.
For what it's worth I don't regard myself as a serious hobbiest when it comes to my radio, would like to have time to do it more but alas as things stand at the moment I can't.
Before the 610 went up I had a Carolina Windom that was in an inverted V configuration around 50 feet from the ground. It wasn't very good. Think the Windom would be a good antenna if you can get it high in a Horizontal configuration. After a storm that blew it down and my colinear I put up the 610.
Building the antenna was not a problem. Followed the instructions pretty much to a T. The main section I decided to fix a bit longer maybe 30 cm so I could catch the 11 meter band as well. SWR is 1.1 at the bottom of the 11 meter band and just below 2 at the top. The top of the 10 meters is 1.1 and just over 2 at the bottom. The 6m band has a 1.1 at the bottom of the band and below 2 at the top. However the surprise for me was I was able to match the antenna on 15m 20m & 30m and have had some good results on these bands. 20m realistically is probably the best band out with what the antenna was designed for with an SWR just below 3 without a matcher in line. Contacts mainland Europe Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Romania and Also Canada and the USA. The bands that the antenna is designed for I would suggest you can't get a better vertical antenna for. Managed to make a contact the other day with a station in Spain on 6m. I'm in Scotland.

EB3BRJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2011 04:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After having two Diamond DP-GH62 antennas in the last 15 years I wanted to ger the new CP-62 as it would handle more power. However I ended up making my mind for the CP-610 and donīt regret it a bit.
With a diplexer I can separate 10 and 6 meters to 2 separate transceivers with great results.