Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | czech army morse key Help

Reviews Summary for czech army morse key
czech army morse key Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk/
Description: The key was made in the early 1950's for the Czech armed forces, presumably for the army. It was part of an HF base station which was called Type RM31 (although this may have been just the receiver reference), so the type name
stuck and was then associated with the key. I now think the transmitter was called Type RS41
More info: http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk/index.html

You can write your own review of the czech army morse key.

LB1LF Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2017 04:14 Send this review to a friend
Looks can be deceiving  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered one of these a couple of years ago based on the rave reviews and more-than-reasonable price.

I've found it is a joy to use, even though it looks a bit clunky - tension is easily adjustable, the knob sits at a comfortable height and it is as sturdy as they come.

This is only my second straight key, but I do not think I'll need more - this key is brilliant, very comfortable to use and seems indestructible. It would be a bargain even at twice the price I paid (Some $30 incl. shipping, unless I am much mistaken.)

K0INN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2016 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Smooth as silk!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Been looking for a long time for one of these. Finally found one at a reasonable price on ebay. The Czechs are known for their high quality armaments and this key is very well designed. Very sure, smooth, and quiet. Makes me want to do some straight key QSOs.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
one of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Own 10 straight keys.Recently got an RM31 and find it to be one of my favorites.Superb feel and built like a tank.Heavy so doesn't slide around on my glass desk top.A keeper!!!

ZL4TE Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2015 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought a couple as the supplier had almost sold them all. Two great examples, very nice action once set up. I really enjoy using the key. If you get the chance to buy one, they are well worth the money

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2013 10:00 Send this review to a friend
great key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A limited number of these are now available from Karen, W4KRN:

http://www.his.com/~jrusso/ CzechMorseKeys_ 210613_USA/ index.html

Got mine yesterday, wired it up, made one QSO, adjusted it, made another, adjusted it again.

Very smooth key. Found the trick in adjusting the spring is to slacken it until continuous contact, then add just a bit of spring.

First straight key QSOs since I passed the General in 1959. Now have three keys side by side and ready to go: Vibroplex Champion, K8NA P4 and this one.

Bill

AC2KK Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 07:04 Send this review to a friend
This is a Very Nice Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this key after 40 years off the air because I always liked CW and wanted to work code again. The key is reasonably priced and is a pleasure to use. Took me less than 5 minutes to adjust it.

WA7KGX Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Beetle Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this out of curiosity with the ridiculous hope it might rub off on my CW skills.

My unit had a few tiny white specks on the top. A black felt tip pen made them disappear.

Mine came with a limp cord about a yard long terminated in a banana plug pair. It fits into a pair of banana jacks almost perfectly.

It might be possible to mod the extra contacts to short the key when the knob is pulled up.

The base on mine is not quite flat. There is a microscopic wiggle of the base as the key is used. If you apply a no-slip mat as suggested on their web site this might disappear.

They knob is a non removable army type. Its height is lower than some.

I call it the beetle key because it reminds me of a beetle.

WA2DTW Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2013 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, comfortable key  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Possibly the best straight key I ever used. Comfortable. Easily adjusted.

KG9HE Rating: 1/5 Mar 28, 2013 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Curious,,,so purchased key based on eHam reviews.

New key arrived quickly. Action is much like Johnson master key,,,mushy at best,,not direct contact with preferred feedback but contact points like relay.

Case was damaged,,,back right corner of lid shattered as if dropped on concrete floor prior to shipping.

Notified supplier,,,he did not offer any relief, restitution or solution. Wanted picture,,,I guess to prove damage. No camera here and with so little invested,,,I tried to repair lid by gluing pieces back together. Phenolic slivers don't glue well. Patched the damaged corner with coax seal and spray painted. Key will go on shelf as oddity.

Can't recommend because don't like key action.
Damage unfortunate,,,but as I said not much invested,,,not worth return shipping and re-ship cost.

Biggest disappointment was supplier response to problem.

WV9K Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 17:30 Send this review to a friend
!NICE! Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from the UK and it was here in just under a week.

Made up a "Y" cable with a phono and a 1/8" mono plug on it and stuck it in the adapters and plugged those into the plug on the key.

I was most pleased, I think "buttery smooth" would describe it well!

I found no need for any kind of anti-skid feet or pad.

Still putzing with the settings, but even as it is, it is a pleasure to use.

Would never have thought, it looks so clunky but use certainly dispells that idea :). Took a chance with the 5/5 ratings and gave it a go.

Now I may try Straight Key Night, with my previous straight key (rat shack I think) I could just never get inspired.

Heh, this one makes me want to use it.

Not my Kent dual paddle or the Vibroplex Brass Racer, but for a straight key every bit as good.

Safe to say it exceeded my expectations!