Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables Help

Reviews Summary for On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables
On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables Reviews: 96 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $18.50 and up
Description: On The Air Communications makes custom interface cables of the highest quality for Amateur Radio use. These include rig interface, soundcard (Signalink(TM) and RigBlaster(TM) and fully custom cables, with new products in development.
More info: http://www.myhamcables.com

You can write your own review of the On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables.

K7LA Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2012 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service and Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to all the eham.net reviewers for referring me to this great company.

Recently added the Elecraft KPA500 amplifier to the shack driven by a Yaesu FT-2000 rig. To integrate rigs and enable automatic band switching I needed a cable to connect the Yaesu 8 pin DIN BAND DATA jack to the KPA500 15 pin AUX connector.

On a Thursday night at 2100 hrs local I sent an Email through the firm's website. 10 minutes later I had a reply from the owner Phil W4AIN with a quote for standard 30-inch length and a commitment to mail it out the next day (mind you this is past midnight Eastern time). Phil knew exactly what I needed and had the parts and the connection pinout info on hand. I paid via Paypal and got a courteous reply. Friday morning I received a phone call from Phil that the cable was going out that day (the man never sleeps!)

The item was shipped US Mail from Louisville, KY on Friday and was received in California on Monday. The work is high quality Defense Department grade. I connected the rigs, made a quick menu change on the Elecraft and automatic band switching worked perfectly.

If you have custom cable needs, contact Phil first. Service this great is rare these days and you get to deal with a real gentleman.

W1AES Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2012 00:30 Send this review to a friend
4 pin to 8 pin mic Kenwood  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an adapter for Kenwood 8 pin to 4 pin mic that has been discontinued for a long time. Having no luck I was considering taking apart my stock mic that came with the TS-440s, and doing a cable splice, when I found an add placed by Phill Parrish offering to make custom interface cables. I sent off an E-mail which was answered in a very short time. For less money then I thought I now have the adaptor which works perfectly and looks so much better then any thing I could have made on my own.

AB4TI Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2012 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Second purchase from Phil was excellent as always  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Just purchased a CAT cable for my FT-950 from Phil. His quality is second to none and the price is the most reasonable I've seen anywhere. If you need cables for your ham gear don't hesitate to call him.

WB2RCB Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2012 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Quick service and excellent quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Needed an interface cable quickly and found On The Air Communications. A quick e-mail message to Phil and the cable was in the works. Received a couple of days later and quality is excellent.

K2TGW Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2012 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Products  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have ordered and received two different cables from them and they have met all my expectations.
Les, K2TGW

N4XU Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2012 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Service and Reasonable Pricing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Needed a microphone adapter to use an MC-60A mic with a Kenwood TM-281A (which is used as a station radio). Got in touch with Phil, ordered through his web-site, got e-mail confirmation and received the adapter in 2 days. Super service, great communication and very prompt shipping. And it works! Nicely made item.

KG6JXZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2012 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Custom Cables at Excellent prices  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Phil made some custom TNC cables for our ARES group. he worked closely with us and provided excellent cables at a great price.

if you need cables especially custom or hard to find, Phil does a fantastic job. I highly recommend him.

W9RPM Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2012 13:09 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Phil has made a few cables for me, and they have been top quality and fast service. If needed he does the research to make just what you need, and communicates with you to make sure its right. Would recommend him to anyone. Very reasonable prices also. Workmanship is top quality.

KB2AS Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2012 03:01 Send this review to a friend
Great quality product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had the need for a cat/Linear Y adapter for a Yaesu 857D. Placed the order and Phil called the same day asking for details on my setup, had the cable in hand a few days later. Connected cable and it works exactly as intended. Great personal service, fast turnaround. This is a professionally made high quality product.

N0CPT Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2012 02:55 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional   Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Very professional looking and works great. I called Phil on Friday and ask if he would make an adapter cable for my Astatic mic. I use the mic with a Kenwood TS 430S and wanted to connect it to a Yaesu FT 920. He said yes and I had the cable the following Monday.