Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Skookum Logger for OS X Help

Reviews Summary for Skookum Logger for OS X
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: SkookumLogger is a single-op possibly-assisted CW and SSB contesting
program for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later running on 64-bit- capable
Apple computers.
More info: http://www.k1gq.com/SkookumLogger/

You can write your own review of the Skookum Logger for OS X.

M6LDZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2015 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If I could give Bill and Jonathan more than 5 I would.
I asked if there was a way that I could get my 991 to connect to it and Bill spend his Saturday morning working out the codes, testing them with me and by lunchtime I had a working link to the radio.
As far as I am concerned there is no other contest logger for the Mac that comes close. I run a windows virtual machine as well but would not be tempted away from Skookum for what I use it for.

K5ICW Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2014 04:42 Send this review to a friend
A Winner !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a relatively easy software to learn and use. I only use the software for logging and not rig control.

A BIG positive feature for someone like me is that there is an excellent instruction book attached to the software package. My learning curve is a little longer as I am not intuitive with software. It took me several hours of experimentation to figure the operation of the software out.

I downloaded FREE Skookum software because I had just purchased Aether Logging software through Apple ( $ 40 ) and was not happy. Aether has no customer service. Emails go unanswered.
Whereas, Skookum has a good set of help documents imbedded in the software.

My two cent swarth… dit dit

K3DCW Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2014 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Modern Contest Logger for Mac  Time owned: more than 12 months
While there are several great contest software packages for Windows, there is a much smaller collection for OS X. Fortunately, although the quantity is not as large, the quality is just as high.

SkookumLogger, written by Bill Myers (K1GQ), is a full-featured contest software package written for OS X. Featuring all of the tools that most contesters require, SkookumLogger is a ready-for-prime-time contest software package that seems to be flying under the radar.

SkookumLogger includes support for 26 different radios, including all of the major "contest rigs", WinKeyer support, and control of a variety of rotators, amplifiers, tuners and switches all via serial (or USB-Serial) connections. Of course, it includes all of the "standard" features, such as real-time scoring, SCP, DX Clusters, band maps, Run/S&P support, CW messaging, and support for a variety of SCP/Country/Club databases. Pre-configured contest masks are available for all major contests, including those of the ARRL, CQ, RSGB, National DX Contests, QSO Parties, Misc other contests, and General "Nontest" logging. If a contest is not supported, Bill is very good about working to get it added.

So, how does it work? Well, to steal from Apple, "it just works." It is solid, reliable, and I have never experienced an issue while using SkookumLogger in a contest. At the 2014 WRTC, an event dominated by Windows software like WinTest and N1MM, SkookumLogger was used by one team in their competition. If it can be used at this level of competition, it can meet your needs in OS X as well.

So, I STRONGLY recommend SkookumLogger for contest logging. There is no need to boot into BootCamp to run an old Windows program when such an outstanding OS X-native application exists.

K5ND Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2011 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Great contesting logger for Apple Mac  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using Skookum Logger for Mac for contesting. I've found it fits the bill for an Apple Mac environment. K1GQ is very helpful in answering my questions, many of which address configuration issues with my iMac. The software has been upgraded a couple of times, and each time it gets better. Skookum Logger works with a few different rigs. I use it with an Elecraft K3. It also works with a Winkeyer. The full system operated very well for me in the recent ARRL DX CW contest.