Reviews Categories | | Help

Reviews Summary for
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the .

WP4OEK Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2012 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Found one !!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Got one from a friend and it's working like new. It's modified with a SD1446 (about 60 watts on SSB) and Chipswitch. Tested on 10 meters and made contacts loud and clear. On 10 meters if you use the right microphone, this radio performs like a BIG Rig.

WP4OEK Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2012 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Great 10 Meter Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had two HR 2600 and they worked like new. Made lots of contacts on 10 Meters. Had one modified with a SD1446 transistor. Great radio, to bad Uniden doesn't make it anymore.

KA1VF Rating: 4/5 Dec 12, 2011 18:41 Send this review to a friend
I'm mobile with it again  Time owned: more than 12 months
This weekend, I dusted off my old HR-2600
(vintage 1989), and temporarily installed it
in my XYL's car. I used it while mobile this
past weekend to operate in the ARRL's annual
10 Meter DX contest. This morning, I worked
Scotland while driving in Massachusetts. I
also tried it on 10m FM simplex and duplex.
My antenna is an old Radio Shack CB 1/4 wave
magmount that I cut years ago for 29.000 Mhz.

K5FH Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2011 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Oldie but goodie  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine new in 1990. Worked a lot of mobile SSB DX with a modified CB antenna. The only problem I had with it was the microphone died, which it turns out is a common complaint for the 2600 but replacements are still available. Other than that, it's a great rig for what it is. Looking forward to another fine sunspot cycle on 10M.

KA1VF Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2011 17:51 Send this review to a friend
great Commuter radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these used about 20 years ago,
and it was my commuting companion for a decade.
I had it mobile in several different vehicles,
and I worked alot of DX on 10m SSB and 10m FM.
This unmodified rig was routine serviced a few years ago, and it's temporarily retired. But,
with Cycle 24 heating up maybe I'll go mobile!

ONAIR Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2011 13:21 Send this review to a friend
A lot for a little!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it's cousin the HR-2510 new in the early '90s, and then a little later it's second cousin the HTX-100. (all of them made by Uniden) They have both worked flawlessly, and done a really great job considering the little they have cost. Have worked the world with these units on just an A-99, a dipole, or a 1/4 wave mobile whip in the car! You can often pick up these units used for a very reasonable price.

GI0ZGB Rating: 4/5 Jun 19, 2011 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Good Little Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the HR-2600 for some time now, fitted the Chipswitch mod to add 12m access and the additional improvements that came with that.
Also fitted homebrew active eight pole crystal IF filters, this greatly enhanced selectivity and adjacent channel rejection.
Also fitted a smooth tuning VFO encoder as the factory click encoder can behave badly, especially in early versions, the Uniden 2830 and President Lincoln being included in that. TX audio was adequate with a standard mic and superb with a good quality desk mic, Astatic, Sadelta come to mind.
Today it spends most of its time parked on ten metre repeater frequencies and here it performs very well.

N3KCM Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Old but fun  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the HR2600 and the HTX-100 (both unmodified). These are fun little radios! Cheap, yes, but still takes you back to the 1980/90's when the solar cycle was hot and these little mobile radios could talk around the world. Nothing like the new radio's of today, but I bet they helped to start the HF mobile radio craze that brought us the IC-706 and similar style radio's.