Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet CH-32 \"Miracle Baby\" Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CH-32 \"Miracle Baby\"
Comet CH-32 \ Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 1.75 Inch Stubby Antenna

You can write your own review of the Comet CH-32 \"Miracle Baby\".

K6NIK Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2018 23:51 Send this review to a friend
Great for its size  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Needless to say a 5 for this is not a 5 for say, a Smiley or a Larsen. But as I have no problem getting into my local repeater on the ridge across town on 1w from my 2m HT, and it gets the local NOAA with gusto, I can't ask for anything more.

Does it receive or transmit as well as a 19+ inch antenna? Of course not, that would be silly. But it allows me to sit inside my stucco-and-chicken-wire construction house and talk over the repeater with other hams in the area.
VE6DO Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2011 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Stubby Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this antenna on my GRE PSR-500 scanner on the local Edacs system. Sure I know it is a compromise compared to much bigger antennas. But you have to give it credit for its small size and reasonable performance. I am getting a solid 5 bars on my scanner and I can move the scanner around and I still get very good signal strength. I have other antennas that perform better (but they are bigger). For an antenna that is 1.75 inches long with the BNC connector, it does well for itself. I find that it works best on 800 MHz and reasonably well on 2M.