Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | RACES Logger (ARES too) Help

Reviews Summary for RACES Logger (ARES too)
RACES Logger (ARES too) Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $Free (hamware)
Description: Windows based Net Control logging software for amateur radio
RACES / ARES operators.
More info: http://www.raceslogger.com

You can write your own review of the RACES Logger (ARES too).

WD4B Rating: 4/5 Jan 30, 2013 21:47 Send this review to a friend
Used 1st time for actual event  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a ARES AEC for my county, and had to head-up the ARES net last night for a storm with damages across the county. This was a very useful program, even though I was not very familiar with it having only found the program the day before. My only request are for a detailed Roster Report and an option to maximize the window.

W3CF Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2011 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Software package  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mark, KB3HIY, designed the software after I asked him to make me a logger for NCS stations. It has been used to keep track of everyone in large, multi jurisdictional events like LiveStrong Challenge and small events like Thursday night check in's. It is not a memory hog and does exactly what I need. Although I still keep paper and pencil in the go-kit, I use Raceslogger all the time and if you look at his users a TON of others do too. It has never failed!

KG4RUL Rating: 1/5 Mar 5, 2011 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Way more trouble to use than it's worth!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will stick to pencil and paper.

AI8P Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2011 03:55 Send this review to a friend
Unique tool for weekly ARES/RACES/Club nets  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just found this product. It lets you check in people at your weekly ARES/RACES/Club net and time stamps their check-in. It also has a focus on zones that is probably unnecessary for many - I just created a single Zone 1 and let everything default to that. It gives you check boxes for handled traffic (TR), made an Announcement (AN), linked to the repeater thru Echolink or something else (LK) and checked in early (EC), although these are a little obscure to remember - just click on one and look at the Memo for that Callsign to see what it wrote.

It also has a section on Assignments, including check boxes for In-Route to assignment (IR), Arrived (AR), Completed Assignment (DN-Done), and Checked-Out (CO). I will probably not use that feature, but if you were using this for a Public Service Event net, for instance, you might want to use this to track all your field stations.

There is also a memo for each check-in which makes it easy to add time-stamped comments for each check-in. I haven't yet decided if this would be a good way to log traffic at an event. If I get a chance to try that I will add a new review. Currently I am using Excel to log all comms at events.

You can setup all your different nets and it will display the Preamble and Postamble for each at the click of a button.

It also can print or export to text file a Net Report which can list the check-ins and their activity.

The font is a little small and non-adjustable, and the window arrangement doesn't seem to be preserved when you exit and return, but I think it is a real time saver for NCS for a weekly net. I can type faster than I can write, so this will definitely help me keep up when I'm Net Control.

As always, your mileage may vary!