Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | David Clark Model 10S-DC Help

Reviews Summary for David Clark Model 10S-DC
David Clark Model 10S-DC Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$221
Description: David Clark Company offers the 10S/DC Stereo Headset. It is the only consumer stereo headset having an independently certified Noise Reduction Rating (NRR).
More info: http://www.davidclark.com/StereoHeadset.html

You can write your own review of the David Clark Model 10S-DC.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2011 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Satisfies the ego  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using David Clark aviation headsets routinely since I earned my pilot's license in 1973, I finally decided to invest in these listen-only model 10S-DC cans for ham radio use. I operate only HF CW so a good headset is mandatory. These replaced my faithful Sennheiser HD280PRO cans. I paid about $200 for the David Clark headset; about $100 for the Sennheiser.
I could tell *no* difference in quality or level between them. Both are equally comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Both came with 1/8" terminations and included a 1/4" stereo and mono adapter. Both are well made. Both are *great* headphones!
My decision to purchase the 10S-DC was primarily driven by my ego -- to own "the best" from a company recognized all around the world for the green pods with the DC logo. Am I satisfied? You bet! That's what the extra $100 bought me.

N4RSS Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2011 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Very comfortable/quiet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Listen-only headset with passive attenuation. Comes with a test report documenting the 23db of attenuation. Most of the attenuation info relative to frequency was in the 30s, with only the lower frequencies in the high teens.

Very comfortable, with gel earpieces, padding surrounding a metal headband and separate volume controls for each ear. No issues with excessive tightness on my head. Quieter than the Direct Sound Extreme headphones and maintain a tight seal.

Really very nice indeed.