Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Kessler Engineering CX-AUTO Help

Reviews Summary for Kessler Engineering CX-AUTO
Kessler Engineering CX-AUTO Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $389
Description: The CX-AUTO is an 8-output remotely controlled coaxial switch which features an embedded microprocessor and is intended as a companion product for the AT-AUTO automatic antenna tuner. The CX-AUTO enables selection of any 1-of-8 coaxial outputs and receives selection commands via a serial data interface. When interfaced with an AT-AUTO, the tuner may be configured to associate any of the CX-AUTO's 8 coaxial outputs with an amateur radio band and to automatically command the CX-AUTO to select that particular coaxial output when QSYing to that band.
The CX-AUTO command syntax adheres to the Icom CI-V serial command protocol and is fully PC controllable, without the need for an AT-AUTO. In addition to the CI-V interface, the CX-AUTO also features an RS-422 serial data interface for those applications where the CX-AUTO is to be located well away from the hamshack.
The CX-AUTO is normally powered via a front-panel DC power connector, but DC power may also be supplied via coax.
More info: http://kesslerengineeringllc.com/switches.htm

You can write your own review of the Kessler Engineering CX-AUTO.

KC1MR Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2012 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Dr Don Kessler's fantastic CX-AUTO interfaces seamlessly with my AT-AUTO . No more faults on my ALPHA 87A (ouch!)when on the wrong antenna & the antenna selection is completely automatic when using the AT-AUTO (which was designed by Dr Kessler ).
I upgraded my AT-AUTO to vs.2.14 at no cost.

There is no question but that Dr Don Kessler is one
of the good guys in the ham community & on one time
he spent a good amount of his expertise helping me.

K5FR Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2011 11:59 Send this review to a friend
First Class Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished adding stand-alone support for the CX-Auto to my software program DDUtil. To say I'm very impressed with the ruggedness and high quality of this switch is an understatement. In my opinion there is no finer antenna switch on the market.

The CX-Auto goes to the top of the list as my recommendation for the preferred antenna switch for Flex Radio users.

Kudos to Don Kessler for a job well done.

WK1W Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2011 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Update CX-Auto also for RIG SWITCHING  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am giving a follow-up report on the CX-Auto. I wrote about it here on eham a while back. Now with new features in the AT-Auto and a second CX-Auto I thought to re-write. I posted the information below on Palstar Yahoo groups. Reposting it here for convenience. Here 'tis:

I have been beta-testing Kessler Engineering's CX-Auto, which is ongoing.

(1) First Phase was testing it as an antenna switch. I briefly wrote about this, but let me just say that this testing has been completed.
and The CX-Auto works well. I control it from the AT-Auto Tuner according to the manual. It is simple to set up and run. I believe it can be
controlled from a computer, though I have not done this. I was initially using three antennas and a dummy load connected to this CX-Auto. This makes things so much simpler..and less likely to make a mistake.

(2) Second Phase: Because I told Don Kessler that my rigs consisted of not only ICOM and Yaesu, but vintage Drake rigs (I sent him a diagram of the switching logic which I used for integrated four Drakes, one Yaesu and an ICOM thru and/or around the AT-Auto to the CX-Auto switch and Alpha-Delta switches), Don came up with firmware and an updated chip to allow a second CX-Auto to function as a selector of rigs feeding into the AT-Auto. So I have six rigs selectable from the AT-Auto. The AT-Auto will allow me to select a rig and then to Auto-tune. Additionally the AT-AUTO follows the ICOM 746 PRO, connected with CI-V . I can also change antennas anytime thru this system. This is so much more convenient than a slew of Antenna Switches like Alpha Delta or others.

Don has some neat features in his next Auto Tuner. So any further questions regarding my beta-testing and his ideas should be directed
to Kessler Engineering.

N5QVF Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2011 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don, knocked it out of the park with this one! An absolute must for the AT-Auto. Heavy duty construction. The components, circuit board, etc. are first class. Can also be used as a stand alone unit. Works as advertised. Very happy customer. Tnx Don!

WT8W Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2011 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Oustanding new antenna switch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The CX-AUTO has been in use in my shack for three or four months. Many switching arrangements have been tried over the years but the CX-AUTO is the best that I have found. I am completely satisfied with the performance of this new addition to my equipment list.