Reviews Categories | Microphones | W2ENY base microphone Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY base microphone
W2ENY base microphone Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $between $50
Description: This is a nice electret base mic that is offered with an 8 pins plug wired for any radio by your request that provides a clean crystal sound.
More info: http://w2eny.com/

You can write your own review of the W2ENY base microphone.

KB8LKH Rating: 0/5 Jan 6, 2017 04:18 Send this review to a friend
COMPLETE GARBAGE  Time owned: more than 12 months
- Mic initially wasn't wired correctly, for an Alinco HF transceiver. Sent back to be looked at. He asked that I not rewire it myself.

- Mic had all kinds of RF feedback. None of my other Mic's did.

- Cheap build and quality control.

- Lack of willingness to correct issue. Kept wanting to blame it on being something at my end. Um... None of my other Mics had these issues.

G3UXB Rating: 3/5 Jan 15, 2016 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Cheap with bad QC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am giving it a 3 because the mic does sound OK but very cheaply made, mine did not work and I thought it was due to not getting phantom but I was wrong after rewiring the connector twice I opened up the base and found the ground from the mic element just floating around inside it never was connected.

N0RRS Rating: 0/5 Jan 8, 2016 11:02 Send this review to a friend
A piece of Chinese junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not worth the money. The mike did work a well and sound decent, but the microphone is made entirely out of plastic. The weighted base consisted of a bag of sand wrapped up inside of bubble wrap and shoved up unto the mike base. Bob said he usually uses fishing sinkers to weight the base but ran out...lol. To Bob's credit however, he did offer me a $20 partial refund, which I accepted, but if you're expecting a high quality metal weighted mike for $49.95, keep your money because this isn't the mike for you.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2015 02:56 Send this review to a friend
got me back on voice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been 100% cw op for the longest time. Just ordered this mic and have been getting excellent reports on my audio. And it arrive 2 days after I ordered it. Now all I want to do is talk to people!

KJ4RFX Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2015 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Super Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mike from Bob and he accidentally shipped it with the wrong connector. I sent him an email and he was back to me in just minutes with suggested fixes, including the option of sending it back. We decided to have him send me the right connector and let me solder it on in place of the wrong one. A quick and easy solution. I'd do business with him again any time.

Bryan Jackson
KJ4RFX

K4NBC Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
The best mic an at affordable price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What this microphone is super, Bob W2ENY makes a great base microphone at an affordable price and he shops fast too, and with the right radio connector attach no adapter needed

And I see the difference right away and th quality too, so I recommend this microphone.

WB0FTY Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my mic today from Bob. Made a half dozen contacts with all telling me it had superior audio and sounded excellent compared to the mobile mic and base mic I was using. I am extremely happy with it. He had it all wired including the battery box so just plug and play.

KF6WND Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2014 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic performer Part Ii  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I forgot to mention in my previous commentary that I am using this microphone on an old Yaesu FT-747 transceiver from the very early 1990's and both compliment each other wonderfully.

K8DSS Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Nice mic for K3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally ordered one of these from Bob. Came correctly wired for the K3. Adjustment of the TX EQ reduced the lows and boosted the highs just right. Excellent reports from people that know my voice. Previous desk mic was Heil Goldline and Heil HM-12. The W2ENY microphone performs just as well or better than the others. Excellent value and quality.

Ed - K8DSS

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Lots Of Gain And Great Audio Reports  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Ten Tec Jupiter used, and it did not come with a microphone. I tried several mikes on it, with poor results.
I saw one of these W2ENY Desk Mikes on Ebay, then looked at his webpage. I saw he was a Ham, just like me, who had plenty of equipment.
Then, I saw some old AM stuff, and that convinced me that this guy was into sound quality.
I decided to take a chance, and ordered one of these desk mikes.
It got here very fast, and I was asked if I needed 4 or 8 wire connection for my radio.

To make a long story short, I am very happy with this Mike.
It has tons of gain, does not p/u excessive fan noise (I have a Commander 2500 Amp), and has got me several, unsolicited "You sound great" audio reports on the air, so far.

LOL, I have a big fat belly, and the mike fits comfortably on my belly, when I am on the air.
It is light enough for me to hold and key it up with one hand, while I surf the Internet.

It literally drives the piss out of the Ten Tec Jupiter, and sounds great too.
I am very pleased, especially when you consider how little it costs.