Reviews Categories | Microphones | W2ENY base microphone Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY base microphone
W2ENY base microphone Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $between $50
Description: This is a nice electret base mic that is offered with an 8 pins plug wired for any radio by your request that provides a clean crystal sound.
More info: http://w2eny.com/

You can write your own review of the W2ENY base microphone.

NZ4O Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2012 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Audio Reports For A Good Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought it directly from W2ENY and it was professionally packaged and shipped really fast. I've gotten better audio reports with it compared to my Icom SM-6 desk mic and a tie with my Heil iCM boom mic which is made for older Icom rigs like my IC-751A.

AD3Q Rating: 4/5 Sep 15, 2011 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Very good desk mic for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So far reports of audio quality is good once I set the right Microphone settings on the HF Rig. I am using it with a Yaesu FT 857D as a station at home.

KF7OCD Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2011 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Works better then the stock Icom 746 mic!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I thought it was a cheap hand me down that I got from my dad however I get WAY better signal reports with this mic then I do the mic that came with my Icom 746, after some looking around online I come to find out that other people also agree with me.

A great mic for the money.

VK5SA Rating: 4/5 Mar 30, 2011 20:15 Send this review to a friend
Value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this based on customer comments on EBay, as there were none here.
It arrived promptly, and plugged straight into my Icom IC-706MkiiG, with no changes made to the existing configuration.
On-air reports are basically the same as the standard ICOM hand microphone.
It's small and lightweight, so is easy to move to one side when I use my paddles.
Great value for money.
I would give it a 5 if there was a lock facility, but reckon that it deserves a 4.5/5 - which I cannot give here.

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Great mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is no need to spend big bucks in a brand name mic to have good modulation in your radio when with this low price unit you will have a well balanced audio from as low as 80Hz to over 4000Hz.Its an electret mic that has a PTT button on the base,and needs a low DC voltage between 5 and 10V to feed the preamp inside,I am using it in my Tentec Orion II with excellent results using its builtin TX EQ but also I have tried it in my K3 with same good results,it will fit any radio so far you rewire it properly or when you order it from W2ENY you tell him which radio you have and he will do it for you.