Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever
Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $600
Description: Stainless steel single lever paddle with light weight moving components and a novel self-centering design. Solid 14k gold contacts, magnetic return. A worthy sibling to the famous Sculpture dual lever paddle.

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever.

AF3K Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2016 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful high quality key.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A joy to use. Very high quality key & beautiful. Not really a fair comparison, but the Begali requires much less effort, so it stays put, and I send with fewer errors than with my Vibroplex single lever vibrokeyer. The Begali is also more compact. This one is a keeper.
G4ZMM Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2016 08:46 Send this review to a friend
"My Buddy - Begali Sculpture Mono"  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Tried the rest, but now have the best, it looks good, feels terrific and we get on like good friends should do. The Begali Sculpture (Mono Key) is a precision made paddle,heavy, stylish and it is simply looks good in the desk. Begali has the edge on other manufacturers and a service second to none, a quality that surpasses all others, so when I had the great pleasure of meeting Pietro Begali/I2RTF on the band using CW ,it was a magic moment and one not to be forgotten. Top marks to Begali.
73's Jon / G4ZMM
KA3ZKJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2015 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have several of Begali keys and find that all are exceptional CW keys as well as works of art. I love them all but still find the Sculpture mono my favorite. I agree with an earlier writer who stated the Mono allowed him to send better CW with less errors. I am 70 yrs old and had two hand surgeries and the Mono allows me to crank it up once and awhile with minimal errors. Plus Bruna is always helpful and wonderful at customer service. You may pay a bit more but you are getting a great deal more. Thank you for making one of the great additions to any ham shack! Bob. KA3ZKJ
K4WLW Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2015 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm not a fan of iambic keys. I've never been able to get used to them and tend to make more mistakes the faster I send, so I set out to find a single lever key. I found it. This key is a work of art (as is all Begali keys) and such a pleasure to use. It's pricey, but trust me, you get what you pay for. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is beyond belief. I also have the Begali Adventure Mono on my KX3, and use the Sculpture Mono when in the shack. It you like single lever paddles, look no further.
DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2014 07:54 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely the finest.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'll be 75 in 2015 and I noticed I was making more mistakes with my iambic keys. I visited Piero and the Girls in Brescia last year and he let me try the Sculpture Mono (and all the other keys). This key brought me back to a new level of mistake free Morse. Mille Grazia Piero.
W1SFR Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Perfection!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've tried everything and have settled on this one key. I can use it as a paddle, side swiper, bug or straight key. The action is flawless and you can get the contacts so close, that you can't even see any movement of the arms. The solid chunk of stainless steel is a site to behold and although the cover that comes with it is very light and a bit cheesy, it works. A superb work of the machinist's art to be sure.
F3MB Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2014 23:22 Send this review to a friend
Great key, indeed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with all previous reviews:"Sculpture Mono"
is the best key I ever used.Tks,Begali team, for
excellent manufacturing and logistics, too
W6QR Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2011 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Another great key from Begali  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was struggling to get my sending speed up and I overheard a ham with a very good fist say that he uses a single lever paddle for high speeds. I remembered how much I liked the WBL single lever key and started looking for a new key. Based on my prior experience with Begali and the reviews on this site I chose the Sculpture Mono. I was surprised at how quickly I acclimated to this key and my sending speed went up at least 5 wpm almost instantly. Doing business with Bruna and Pietro is always a pleasure.
WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Stunning Presentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned my Begali Sculpture Mono for about one month now. The visual impact is simply stunning. Working with Stainless Steel is not for everyone but the Italian artisan, Piero Begali, has created nothing short of a masterpiece. Everything seems to come together - the weight, the dimensions, the height of the fingerpiece. The black-over-stainless color combination, enhanced by the black laser engraving makes for a perfectly refined presentation. Turning it over, one immmediately notices the deep channels carved into this block of stainless steel to hold and protect the connections. What a great idea it was to provide a jack for the stereo cable. Operationally, this paddle has an exquisite feel. I set it for "zero" spacing and it never fails me! I have always held the opinion that the two most important things to a serious CW op are 1. the tuning knob and 2. the key. These two items are the major ways in which we personally interact with our radios. The Begali Sculpture Mono feels much more natural to me since I also bang a bug frequently. Yes, the price is higher than some other equally nice magnetic keys - and buying a key is definitely a personal matter - but sitting down in front of my Begali Mono makes me feel 'good' and that's important also. This review would be incomplete without mentioning the exceptional service provided by Bruna Begali. She answered emails rapidly and completely. I was kept apprised of all transactions details. The package arrived, incredibly, the day after it was shipped. It's arrival by DHL courier was a non-event. Customs duty was paid by me, directly to DHL, a couple of weeks later when I received their invoice. It was only a few dollars. Bruna emailed me afterward to check on the delivery, the condition of the shipment, and how I was doing. It's been years since I've been treated with such respect and concern as a customer. This won't be my last Begali key -- bet on it!
ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 10:55 Send this review to a friend
ONE THAT GIVE WINGS...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought it at Friedrichshaven during the hammesse.A friend took me to the Begali booth to show his new single lever key he bought.Fortunatly all the keys were exposed and i tried the Sculpture mono no intention to buy one.Though i was not used playing with single lever keys, i got overwelmed by his accuracy and simplicity.To keep the history short, i took one home destinating the other keys as shackdecoration.Actually i enjoy it very much increasing my accuracy and speed .