Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever
Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $600
Description: Stainless steel single lever paddle with light weight moving components and a novel self-centering design. Solid 14k gold contacts, magnetic return. A worthy sibling to the famous Sculpture dual lever paddle.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever.

W1SFR Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Perfection!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've tried everything and have settled on this one key. I can use it as a paddle, side swiper, bug or straight key. The action is flawless and you can get the contacts so close, that you can't even see any movement of the arms. The solid chunk of stainless steel is a site to behold and although the cover that comes with it is very light and a bit cheesy, it works. A superb work of the machinist's art to be sure.

F3MB Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2014 23:22 Send this review to a friend
Great key, indeed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with all previous reviews:"Sculpture Mono"
is the best key I ever used.Tks,Begali team, for
excellent manufacturing and logistics, too

W6QR Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2011 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Another great key from Begali  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was struggling to get my sending speed up and I overheard a ham with a very good fist say that he uses a single lever paddle for high speeds. I remembered how much I liked the WBL single lever key and started looking for a new key. Based on my prior experience with Begali and the reviews on this site I chose the Sculpture Mono. I was surprised at how quickly I acclimated to this key and my sending speed went up at least 5 wpm almost instantly. Doing business with Bruna and Pietro is always a pleasure.

W5QM Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2011 02:59 Send this review to a friend
It's a Begali!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What can I add? The Sculpture Mono is to single lever keys what the Sculpture is to iambic keys. It is simply the best key out there. Piero and his daughters are a pleasure to work with as well, treating everyone like a long lost friend and providing excellent customer service. You cannot go wrong with this or any other Begali key.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Stunning Presentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned my Begali Sculpture Mono for about one month now. The visual impact is simply stunning. Working with Stainless Steel is not for everyone but the Italian artisan, Piero Begali, has created nothing short of a masterpiece. Everything seems to come together - the weight, the dimensions, the height of the fingerpiece. The black-over-stainless color combination, enhanced by the black laser engraving makes for a perfectly refined presentation. Turning it over, one immmediately notices the deep channels carved into this block of stainless steel to hold and protect the connections. What a great idea it was to provide a jack for the stereo cable. Operationally, this paddle has an exquisite feel. I set it for "zero" spacing and it never fails me! I have always held the opinion that the two most important things to a serious CW op are 1. the tuning knob and 2. the key. These two items are the major ways in which we personally interact with our radios. The Begali Sculpture Mono feels much more natural to me since I also bang a bug frequently. Yes, the price is higher than some other equally nice magnetic keys - and buying a key is definitely a personal matter - but sitting down in front of my Begali Mono makes me feel 'good' and that's important also. This review would be incomplete without mentioning the exceptional service provided by Bruna Begali. She answered emails rapidly and completely. I was kept apprised of all transactions details. The package arrived, incredibly, the day after it was shipped. It's arrival by DHL courier was a non-event. Customs duty was paid by me, directly to DHL, a couple of weeks later when I received their invoice. It was only a few dollars. Bruna emailed me afterward to check on the delivery, the condition of the shipment, and how I was doing. It's been years since I've been treated with such respect and concern as a customer. This won't be my last Begali key -- bet on it!

ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 10:55 Send this review to a friend
ONE THAT GIVE WINGS...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought it at Friedrichshaven during the hammesse.A friend took me to the Begali booth to show his new single lever key he bought.Fortunatly all the keys were exposed and i tried the Sculpture mono no intention to buy one.Though i was not used playing with single lever keys, i got overwelmed by his accuracy and simplicity.To keep the history short, i took one home destinating the other keys as shackdecoration.Actually i enjoy it very much increasing my accuracy and speed .
ON8VP

WB2PDW Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2011 04:31 Send this review to a friend
best of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear readers,if you like your cw the way i love it,a Begali Sculpture mono single lever is the best of the best. Its plays like no other key i have ever used. It just has a feel that you must try to know what I'm saying here,a Rolls Royce,a micheal angelo a real work of fine art. The price is high, but for love there is no price. The micro ajustments are great. I'm honored to have such a key in my shack,it helped me at age 63 to be a good cw operator again.Very easy to use.

K6ELQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2011 23:31 Send this review to a friend
Another winner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've recently added the Sculpture Mono S/N 007 to my growing collection of Begali keys (Simplex Mono, Sculpture, Stealth Limited Edition and Camelback). This is another functional stainless steel work of art!

This is a very comfortable key. The single finger piece looks a bit strange when compared to the conventional two-piece types but it works very well. It just feels right! All adjustments are precision, as they are on all my Begali keys. The massive weight, another Begali trademark, keeps the key in place in the heat of battle. The built-in jack is a nice touch in that there are no dangling wires to contend with when the key is not being used.

For those that have difficulty with iambic keys, this single lever mono may be your answer.

BWOETTKE Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2011 15:27 Send this review to a friend
This is it !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although I have to admit that I am still far better with iambic keys, in recent months I have rediscovered my skills with single-lever paddles, and the Begali Simplex Mono was my instrument of choice. But then I heard a rumor that Piero was developing a new single lever to end all single levers. Since I just canít resist anything that he is creating, I tried to find out, and yes, there was going to be a single lever version of my beloved Sculpture key.

I was lucky enough to pick up one of the first Sculpture Mono keys in Italy, and it has been on my desk for about a month. This truly is the ultimate single lever key, and it has relegated my Simplex Mono to the role of a bystander.

The Sculpture Mono, like its dual-lever sibling, is made mostly from stainless steel, and it employs a novel design consisting of a main arm and two secondary levers which hold the contacts. This design creates a nearly frictionless return to a clearly defined neutral position. The return force, unlike with the Simplex Mono, is created by magnets. The contacts are made from solid 14k gold. Obviously no corners were cut in this design.

In actual use this key is unbelievable. Since the main arm is short and made from light-weight aluminum, the key has very low moving masses and is more agile than anything I have touched so far. The frictionless self-centering mechanism allow me to use very small contact gaps, just like on my dual lever paddles, and a far lighter return force than with any other single lever that I have tried.

I just canít believe that anything could come closer to the perfect single-lever paddle.