Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever
Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $600
Description: Stainless steel single lever paddle with light weight moving components and a novel self-centering design. Solid 14k gold contacts, magnetic return. A worthy sibling to the famous Sculpture dual lever paddle.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture Mono Single Lever.

WB2PDW Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2011 04:31 Send this review to a friend
best of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear readers,if you like your cw the way i love it,a Begali Sculpture mono single lever is the best of the best. Its plays like no other key i have ever used. It just has a feel that you must try to know what I'm saying here,a Rolls Royce,a micheal angelo a real work of fine art. The price is high, but for love there is no price. The micro ajustments are great. I'm honored to have such a key in my shack,it helped me at age 63 to be a good cw operator again.Very easy to use.

K6ELQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2011 23:31 Send this review to a friend
Another winner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've recently added the Sculpture Mono S/N 007 to my growing collection of Begali keys (Simplex Mono, Sculpture, Stealth Limited Edition and Camelback). This is another functional stainless steel work of art!

This is a very comfortable key. The single finger piece looks a bit strange when compared to the conventional two-piece types but it works very well. It just feels right! All adjustments are precision, as they are on all my Begali keys. The massive weight, another Begali trademark, keeps the key in place in the heat of battle. The built-in jack is a nice touch in that there are no dangling wires to contend with when the key is not being used.

For those that have difficulty with iambic keys, this single lever mono may be your answer.

BWOETTKE Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2011 15:27 Send this review to a friend
This is it !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although I have to admit that I am still far better with iambic keys, in recent months I have rediscovered my skills with single-lever paddles, and the Begali Simplex Mono was my instrument of choice. But then I heard a rumor that Piero was developing a new single lever to end all single levers. Since I just canít resist anything that he is creating, I tried to find out, and yes, there was going to be a single lever version of my beloved Sculpture key.

I was lucky enough to pick up one of the first Sculpture Mono keys in Italy, and it has been on my desk for about a month. This truly is the ultimate single lever key, and it has relegated my Simplex Mono to the role of a bystander.

The Sculpture Mono, like its dual-lever sibling, is made mostly from stainless steel, and it employs a novel design consisting of a main arm and two secondary levers which hold the contacts. This design creates a nearly frictionless return to a clearly defined neutral position. The return force, unlike with the Simplex Mono, is created by magnets. The contacts are made from solid 14k gold. Obviously no corners were cut in this design.

In actual use this key is unbelievable. Since the main arm is short and made from light-weight aluminum, the key has very low moving masses and is more agile than anything I have touched so far. The frictionless self-centering mechanism allow me to use very small contact gaps, just like on my dual lever paddles, and a far lighter return force than with any other single lever that I have tried.

I just canít believe that anything could come closer to the perfect single-lever paddle.