Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key Help

Reviews Summary for Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key
Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key Reviews: 39 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $148
Description: The Vizkey "Camel Back" is a modern interpretation of a vintage design. This key is constructed of solid brass and incorporates a reliable leaf spring.
More info: http://www.vizkey.com/

You can write your own review of the Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key.

WB5YEY Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2017 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Oustanding product  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a first-class, quality product... with first-class customer support. Heavy, solid, small size. Adjustments are excellent, feel is superb, and it is a lifetime product.

KC9UNL Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2017 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Key! A Gem!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a great key! I have owned several different straight keys but this is the BEST. The workmanship is superb and the performance is even better. The key makes sending CW a new experience. Always thought that the NYE Viking Master key was the best - - but this key has it topped. Great product and great service

KD9BWS Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2017 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Don't hesitate!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the camelback back key as a Christmas present and let me say that the hype about the quality and beauty of these keys is not overblown! You can tell that these keys are hand made, not because of the lack of quality, but because they are hand machined. No cookie cutter CNC milled product here! It's retro in style and if asked, one would be proud to say "yeah, it's mine, and I know how to use it."

Functionally it performs as one would expect from a high end key. No wiggle or squishiness on the down stroke and it has enough heft to not bounce around unless you are hammering it. The leaf spring doesn't creak or groan and does its job admirably.

I don't believe one would have buyers remorse from a purchase such as this.

Jerry Bentley

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2017 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Straight Key Shopping Stops Here. Buy It  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's heavy and refuses to tip or slide even under the meatiest of fists.

The adjustments stay in place once set.

It's beautiful to look at.

The swirl-milling minimizes the need to wipe it down to get rid of errant smudge marks and fingerprints.

The use of a flat spring instead of the conventional coil spring is innovative.

It costs a lot less than really crappy keys that cost a LOT more.

The Navy-style knob is so very easy to curl ones fingers around.

I love it, therefore you will also. :)

Bob WA4FOM

N7AG Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2017 22:38 Send this review to a friend
Good looks, too  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works great, doesn't tip or move. Engine turning looks neat. Just the right size. What's not to like?

VE4DLA Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Superb key !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had it only a short time, but I already know it's my only straight key forever. Crisp, light, smooth, positive action that is an absolute delight to use. It's converted me from an 'arm' sender to a 'wrist' sender in one easy lesson, with less fatigue. I just have to remember that I don't have to tense my shoulder any longer. Also, it's gorgeous. Curt has been very easy to work with, not that I've had any issues at all, at all. If I ever get another key, it WILL be a Viz-Key.

N7DMA Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2016 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic key!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I gave this to myself as a Christmas gift. Although I have other keys, this straight key is the only one I've used since I received it.

A straight key is a simple device, right? Well, this key just blows away any other key in my small collection. Very crisp, positive response, absolutely no flex. Very comfortable... I can work with it all day with no fatigue.

Granted, I've never tried or even seen other high end keys. As far as I'm concerned, I don't need to. This one's a real keeper!

A side benefit, it's a beautiful work of art! Handmade Morse with a handmade key. Now I can literally pound brass!

Thanks for such a quality instrument, Curt!

W2BFE Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2016 13:49 Send this review to a friend
superb feel  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Curt Nixon has done a fine job with this key which is a thing of beauty, made of excellent materials and with first-class workmanship. It has an excellent and comfortable feel. I have collected and used many keys in 66 years of CW operation. I like this one so much that I bought two, one for myself and one for a friend, also a CW enthisiast. It is first-class product for serious CW operators.

K8PRG Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2016 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Straight key.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had it for a month now and I can't see how a straight key could be any better.
It was adjusted perfectly for me right out of the box.
It is smooth, dead quiet, built like a tank...pretty to look at (if you like this sort of thing) and just a joy to operate with.

I had the opportunity to operate with it side by side with a Begali Blade and I could not feel any difference what so ever in it's operation.

W8VFM Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2014 20:11 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key for over a year now. It is well made and easy to use. I use it on all the SKCC events and love its feel. I recommend this fine key to all who want quality at a fair price. Thanks Tom for your fine products.