Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key Help

Reviews Summary for Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key
Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key Reviews: 39 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $148
Description: The Vizkey "Camel Back" is a modern interpretation of a vintage design. This key is constructed of solid brass and incorporates a reliable leaf spring.
More info: http://www.vizkey.com/

You can write your own review of the Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2014 16:09 Send this review to a friend
a pretty key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have a small collection of straight keys and paddles.Recently acquired a Camelback.Besides being very smooth and having a great feel,it is one pretty key.Use all my keys but will use the Camelback the most.A work of art.Highly recommended,if you can find one.

K3TIM Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 07:46 Send this review to a friend
Sweet Key - Tnx Tom!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased a camelback (SN#128) as well as a vertical (SN#128) from Vizkey in Jan. It was random luck that both had same serial number. It is sad news to hear Vizkey has retired but Tom deserves his time off too.

The key itself is nicely machined brass and fully adjustable. It has a very solid feel and sticks to the desk like it were nailed in place. Sending is a joy especially when one considers the camelback heritage traces back to the mid-19íTh century.

K7NA Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2014 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Stays Put on the Desk!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although VizKey has ceased operations as a business, I was very fortunate recently to be able to buy an almost new Camelback hand key from another ham. I received it today and immediately connected it to my transceiver. It has a very substantial feel to it, makes solid contact with no flexing, and has enough heft that it stays put on the desk during use. Beautifully handcrafted, it is visually one of the most handsome straight keys I've ever seen. Since only about 150 of these were ever made, so I'm told, they should appreciate in value and will no doubt be a collector's item in the future.

Vince

WV8P Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2014 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Thank youTom for your wonderful keys.
73 - Dave

AK4W Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2014 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Superb Quality Built Straight Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned my straight key for only a few weeks and I wonder why I hadn't gotten one before now. Superb craftmanship and smooth operating with this key. I have a keyer, but I enjoy using this key more and have put the keyer on the shelf. Thanks Tom for a grand product and great service.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2014 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Another Vizkey Winner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Beautiful workmanship. I also own the Vizkey 45 degree bug which is also a keeper. I highly recommend the Vizkey.

N3RO Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2014 10:59 Send this review to a friend
TOP NOTCH USA WORKMANSHIP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been working CW for over 54 years and was a morse intercept radio op for the USAF. I have always used a bug or electronic keyer, but having just joined SKCC, I needed a hand key. Seeing the comments on this review page, I jumped for the VIZKEY "camelback" hand key. It was a great decision! The key is a beautiful work of art ( Tom has a real gift with brass to be sure ). In the past week I've worked about a dozen of the K3Y SKCC stations with the hand key and it has been pure fun and pleasure. The key has some heft to it so it stays put on the desk, but the action is quick and smooth. I use very little spring tension and a soft touch with close spacing on the key gap and it sings like a little canary! I have updated my QRZ.com page to include a picture of my "camelback" key (#133) and/or you can see it on my website, www.N3ROradio.com. Nice work Tom!

WV8P Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2014 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this key and received it on Monday morning. Monday and Tuesday nights were a wash, other stuff to do. Well Wednesday I had a stroke. I could not get to the key until the 18th. Took me three days to get on the air and worked the W3Y/ and the 160 contest. Camel back is definitely a keeper. I will post later.

K2ARM Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2013 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Straight Key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used a J-38 key for years but after getting the VIZ Camelback Key the J-38 is just collecting dust. It is easy to adjust and stays adjusted. Tom is great to work with and I also have his vertical paddle that I will have a review. I use the Camelback in many contests and rag chews and never get tired. It can't be beat.
Pete, K2ARM

K1EDG Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Key!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had My Viz Camel Back and I have now use it for all key QSO's. It is smooth, easy to adjust and stays adjusted. One of the best key's I have ever owned. Smooth key, great looks, fast shipping, good price, excellent key!!