Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key Help

Reviews Summary for Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key
Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key Reviews: 34 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $148
Description: The Vizkey "Camel Back" is a modern interpretation of a vintage design. This key is constructed of solid brass and incorporates a reliable leaf spring.
More info: http://www.vizkey.com/

You can write your own review of the Vizkey Camel Back Straight Key.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2014 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Another Vizkey Winner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Beautiful workmanship. I also own the Vizkey 45 degree bug which is also a keeper. I highly recommend the Vizkey.

N3RO Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2014 10:59 Send this review to a friend
TOP NOTCH USA WORKMANSHIP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been working CW for over 54 years and was a morse intercept radio op for the USAF. I have always used a bug or electronic keyer, but having just joined SKCC, I needed a hand key. Seeing the comments on this review page, I jumped for the VIZKEY "camelback" hand key. It was a great decision! The key is a beautiful work of art ( Tom has a real gift with brass to be sure ). In the past week I've worked about a dozen of the K3Y SKCC stations with the hand key and it has been pure fun and pleasure. The key has some heft to it so it stays put on the desk, but the action is quick and smooth. I use very little spring tension and a soft touch with close spacing on the key gap and it sings like a little canary! I have updated my QRZ.com page to include a picture of my "camelback" key (#133) and/or you can see it on my website, www.N3ROradio.com. Nice work Tom!

WV8P Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2014 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this key and received it on Monday morning. Monday and Tuesday nights were a wash, other stuff to do. Well Wednesday I had a stroke. I could not get to the key until the 18th. Took me three days to get on the air and worked the W3Y/ and the 160 contest. Camel back is definitely a keeper. I will post later.

K2ARM Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2013 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Straight Key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used a J-38 key for years but after getting the VIZ Camelback Key the J-38 is just collecting dust. It is easy to adjust and stays adjusted. Tom is great to work with and I also have his vertical paddle that I will have a review. I use the Camelback in many contests and rag chews and never get tired. It can't be beat.
Pete, K2ARM

K1EDG Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Key!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had My Viz Camel Back and I have now use it for all key QSO's. It is smooth, easy to adjust and stays adjusted. One of the best key's I have ever owned. Smooth key, great looks, fast shipping, good price, excellent key!!

W4TRJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2013 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very fine piece of workmanship. It is the kind of instrument that one buys when one buys Snap-On tools to work on their car or a Gibson guitar to play music -- the kind of tool that will last a lifetime. Smooth as butter, will hold the adjustment, gorgeous finish.

And made by a real live man who will answer the phone.

This key was a gift to myself for getting on the air with cw. I was using an old speedex (which aint a bad key actually), but I wanted a key to grow into and one I wouldn't outgrow. I'd say I found 'er.

For people who really use cw, this is a fine way to do it.

K7REL Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2013 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Key!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Camel-back straight key is a very nice key indeed. Beautiful craftmanship!! You can tell that Tom takes a lot of pride in his work. Ordered the key on Thursday via email, and it was here by 10:30am Saturday morning.

I used a straight key exclusively for my first 45 years, then changed over to an iambic paddle, so I could run cw mobile. Haven't used a straight key in 8 years, but this little camel-back is so smooth that, once adjusted, I was back up to 20-25 wpm in a couple of hours.

And as an unexpected side effect of sending with the straight key = it has actually improved my sending with the paddle.

KD1XH Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2012 10:53 Send this review to a friend
Very Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a new member of the SKCC and wanted to get back into using a straight key so I started looking for a good deal on a quality key. After reading the reviews here I jumped on this one and it was a great choice. It arrived almost instantly (ordered Wednesday, showed up Friday), took just a minute to adjust tension, connect to my rig and start having fun!

In the future I may also may try the cootie key and/or a bug. I got a used bug for now from eBay to experiment with to see if I can send with one first.

AC4BT Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2012 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Customer Service and Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a straight key and after reading the reviews I decided to get the Viskey Camel Back. The Key was shipped promptly and was securely packaged. It is a beautiful key and quite heavy and will definitely not move around during use.

When using it on my first QSO I found my fingers didn't fit comfortably around the knob so I emailed Tom and asked if he had available a Navy Style knob that could be added to the Key to give my fingers something to rest on. I offered to pay for it and the shipping.

Tom responded quickly to my email with a picture of the Navy Knob so I could see how it would look and work. He then shipped it to me at no cost! He said he didn't want to have even one dissatisfied customer. Well, in my many years of experience in purchasing Ham equipment I have never seen such outstanding customer service! Tom stands behind his product 100%

With the Navy Knob added, I find using this key to be a joy. It's beautiful to look at and comfortable to use.

Tom's outstanding customer service is rare to find, and the Viskey Camel Back Straight key is a joy to use!

K9NRW Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2012 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the camel back key in 2 days. It was every thing all the other reviews said it would be. Very solid and smooth to use. Any adjustment are easy to make. I can't say enough about this key.

Thanks Tom.