Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley CL203 / 20 Meter Mono Bander Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley CL203 / 20 Meter Mono Bander
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$ 800
Description: 20 Meter Mono Band on 24 Foot Boom, 3 Element
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosley CL203 / 20 Meter Mono Bander.

W8SPM Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2016 20:06 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a update to earlier Review I made on the Mosley CL-203 20 meter monobander! The antenna has been in use over a year and even with very poor band conditions in the declining cycle it pleases me just about every time I turn the radio on ! It also has been hit with 70 mph winds and stays rock stable in the air at 55' ! I seldom have my amplifier on and a lot of times I just run 45 watts which is drive power for my amplifier ! As I stated in my earlier review I have used tri-banders my entire life but this antenna is a huge step forward in forward gain !
If you are looking for a high performance 20 meter monoband antenna with a 24' foot boom try the Mosley CL-203M ! Sam W8SPM

WA4JUK Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 16:28 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is my third Mosley antenna over 20 years. All worked very well. I would never say that this is a perfect antenna.....But its close.
SWR and gain all as advertised and more so. Terrific on air reports.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2011 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: months
I had this antenna now for 2 months, There are no words that can say how pleased I am.

I had DX Remote sites, (VK Land), to record my signal strength compared to others, Either I am under salt water, or this modest 3 element 24 ft boom Mono Bander has the maximum gain one can achieve...

I saw with my own eyes (Via Livestream) in VK, my signal strength was the best from the USA, and this was tested repeatedly over two weeks, The are several S Units difference, especially comparing Multi band Yagi with the same boom length and same power...(This was all recorded on Livestream in VK, I am in North Dallas)

Am I pleased, you bet, but mover, I could quantify my results via Remote VK Station, and saw with my own eyes and ears..There are many variables, but over time, and many tests, the results were the same, Mosely 3 Element MONO Bander (CL 203) is nothing but the best

By the way, my antenna is up only at 45 FT...

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2011 03:57 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am not a beginner in Ham Radio, as of a matter of fact, I have had my share of 42 Foot Booms supporting HF Bands, I have been a Ham operator for over 30 years

There is no way I can spell out how pleased I am. The performance is simply beyond my expectations, what is also impressive is the ease of assembly, and mechanical design.

Although only 3 Element on a 24 FT Boom, for 20 Meters (Mono Band), I can assure that the results truly outpace the size..

I guess the best way, is to simply here me on the air...!

About the Specs, the usual F/B 23db, VSWR Flat for entire band (Although I selected Phone section). Mosley indicates 8.5dbd forward gain...I can't verify this...But I can assure you it has the maximum gain that a 24 ft Boom can deliver! I am at 45Ft Tower

When on the air it is simple to work DX, breaking pile ups of course..I On almost every DX Contact they are surprised of the antenna is only 24ft boom, and moreover only 45 Ft tower.. I don't know if there is any majic in the antenna, or simply a Mono bander is so much better than the multiband systems, I can just assure you, that it does exceed the norm

The price for this antenna is more expensive when compared to the competition, but when you consider the performance, and the ease of assembly, and the mechanical robust design, it is really worth the extra bucks..

All the holes are pre drilled, elements are pre aligned...You can select Phone or CW. But note...I selected Phone, however CW portion SWR is totally fine well under 1:1.3

See you on the air