Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7410 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7410
ICOM IC-7410 Reviews: 98 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,999.00
Description: Icom's newest mid price range HF/6 meter all mode base radio.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7410/default.aspx

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7410.

K9PLK Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2017 05:04 Send this review to a friend
GREAT RECEIVER   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Just wanted to add a brief note on the Icom Ic 7410 ! I knew it was a great receiver but I added an external speaker from an old surround sound system and WOW its a terrific sound !!!!! try it !

N7SOC Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2017 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Another ICOM great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Like K3KRN said: this radio is big, heavy and bad!! got to get a new radio and got down to the 7410 and the 7300. went with this as it is BIG with big heat sink and has a big screen. would have liked color but don't need it. What helped with the decision is that the 7410 has KNOBS. As the bands change I am always tweaking the signal: KNOBS are important!! A good value with the rebate. The specs and operations are as others have said. I'm a very happy ham!!!

W6SWO Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Effective  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned my 7410 for a few months now, and I am TOTALLY satisfied with it. The controls are laid out logically and are easy to understand. The display is bright and clear and not unnecessarily complicated. The "Set Menu" lets you access additional features and tweak the radio to your preferences, but it's easy to navigate through and not as confusing and hundreds of items deep like my old Yaesu Mk5 Field. The receiver is sensitive, and contacts report great audio. I have the CW filter installed and that gives a nice selection of filters and controls to home in on CW signals.

The internal tuner is fast and mostly adequate, but when I hooked up an external AH-4 tuner, it VASTLY outperformed the internal tuner and got me a 1:1 match on every band.

K9PLK Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2016 16:26 Send this review to a friend
WOW BEATS THE YEASE FTDX 3000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to say I went to HRO in Wi to try out the YAESU FTDX 3000 and the Icom Ic 7410 back in the summer when they became HRO . I tried both rigs and pretty much settled on the 7410! Sad to say Icom discontinued the 7410 and I came across a real deal from Associated Radio in Kansas! Well I got this as a Christmas gift and wow! The receiver is better than my Yaesu MK V 200 watt rig and better than my Kenwood TS 2000 which really is saying much ! I was surprised that when I tried the Yaesu FTD 3000 that the receiver wasn't as quite as good as the Icom 7410 ! I also own a Yaesu FT 1000 field and did own a Yaesu FT 2000 which I sold because the receiver was horrible! I know Icom discontinued the 7410 for the 7300 but In my opinion the 7410 with all the filtering and options it is one of the best receivers I am now proud to say I own! At one time I owned and Icom 746 and 756 pro and thought they were ok rigs !So if your a Yaesu man like me try the 7410 great transmit audio but hands down one of the best receivers around !

KF5VUD Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2016 13:24 Send this review to a friend
My first HF rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am still working my way through the manual. This is a large, powerful, complex HF transceiver and my first experience on HF in almost thirty years. Made my first QSO just the other evening with a gentleman in California on 40m.

These can frequently be picked up at fire sale prices from Ham Radio Outlet (as of fall 2016).

W3WMU Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2016 22:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Price for a Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the IC-7410 from HRO on sale for $1274 plus a rebate of $275 from Icom. In the short time I have owned the 7410 the radio has impressed me with the quality of the unit. The receiver has great audio and the standard filtering so far has been more than able to handle cleaning up the reception. The reports so far have been great on the quality of my signal. I would not hesitate to recommend the 7410 and the super price at $999 only reinforces my high level of satisfaction with 7410.

W5CSM Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2016 13:31 Send this review to a friend
First "Base" unit - Very Pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great Feeling controls, minimal menus, great value (bought used on eBay). Completely satisfied! Running a WMR RigBlaster P&P for digital and Rig Control. Heil ProSet 5 (HC5 Element) works well (many audio compliments) with mic gain maxed out and compression at ~1/3 up (was not expecting that). Built in Tuner is a BIG convenience as I am running multi-band Inv-V antennas most of the time. Adding a Heil iCM mic soon and expect the great experience to continue.

N9CM Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2016 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio/Great Price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Won't rehash what some have said and just state a couple of my likes. I never had a radio high end or other that had a NB (other than the great one int eh FT-920) or NR function that actually worked, especially, in an ICOM. Knobs are great feel and solid size, and I love the ability to see my ALC, Power Out and Compression all at the same time. The receiver is excellent, on par with teh 7600 and 7700. Also confirmed by Sherwood's receiver test data. For the money, you get a sweet radio, one with a solid feel, great features and a well built unit.

G4RNI Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2016 03:18 Send this review to a friend
STUNNINGLY GOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
My all time favourite was always going to be the IC-751A, closely followed, or equalled, by the IC-775DSP but as that's a 200W jobbie it's unfair to place them side by side.
Now, after having owned around four IC-7410's I have to say that it's my current favourite 100W base HF radio.
Built like a tank and with controls so logically placed, including the mic gain and RF power all too often relegated to a menu slot, it's so easy to drive.
BIG and clear display, monochrome yes but being quite colourblind it's better for my eyes than them being swamped with reds, greens & blues that I struggle to separate.
For white stick operators it has a clear, concise voice announcement of frequency, mode and even signal strength. Superb.
The noise blanker all but eliminated an S9+40dB plasma TV buzz although audio distortion was just beginning to set in. You can't have it all.
The PA is built around TWO power fets, each capable of running 100Watts so at the stated 100W output it's just cruising.
Icom overpriced the set when it first appeared and it had ALC issues if used to drive a linear. The issue is eliminated on builds over the past 2 years or so (it's June 2016 now) and many earlier versions have been re-engineered by Icom to cure the issue. If you don't run a linear it's not a problem.
Sensitivity is with the best for the state of the art. Signal handling is better than many but not as good as more expensive sets. It's all mode as standard with no additional SSB/CW filters to buy although the close in performance can be somewhat enhanced by plugging in one or both of the 3 and 6kHz roofing filters.
Used prices have dropped to around 800 GBP, $1000 so it's now very good value.
Something that will perform, stand the test of time and won't have you tearing your hair out, trying to remember which menu is for what.

Highly recommended!

KC8Y Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2016 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Ditto on all the comments by the previous reviews  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm in fully agree with the previous review :)

I had previously owned & operated this rig (w/all filters) when it first came out. Operated SSB (2%), CW (2%), BUT mostly on digital modes; had
an external high-power antenna tuner. It operated super in any mode. Because of finances, had to downgrade, kinda sorry I did now :(