Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-7410 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7410
ICOM IC-7410 Reviews: 74 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1,999.00
Description: Icom's newest mid price range HF/6 meter all mode base radio.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7410/default.aspx

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7410.

KK4NQL Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2013 06:58 Send this review to a friend
outstanding radio!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I cannot say any more than what has been said... For me, it was $$$ well spent!

M0FCG Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2013 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Best Icom I have owned  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi all

I can honestly say that the Icom 7410 is the best radio I have bought so far
and I have had all sorts of radios on my bench over the years to compare it
with - Icom Pro3, Kenwood TS480hx, TS2000e and x model, Yeasu FT950 right up
to the FT2000 . Iíve had one radio on my bench that I regret selling and
that was the Elecraft K3, but I do admit I love my Icom 7410.

One of the reasons I love the radio so much is that I had suffered with plt
noise and with the next door neighbourís BT Vision and plt adaptors. Having
bought my 7410 2nd hand with the roofing filters in it I can tune the radio
to get rid of most of the noise. The looks of the radio are also in its
favour - itís well built and it has a real presence on the bench; the
receiver is very good and the big frequency counter with the blue screen is
also softer on the eyes (the Icom Pro3 was also good in this area but I can
live without having the coloured screen). I know the new price in the UK is
£1600 pounds so itís not a lot to pay for a hf/50mhz radio; I would love
the Icom 7600 but havenít got that sort of money to throw around on a radio
like that so drooling over it in the RadCom will have to suffice for now!

At the end of the day Iím very happy with how the Icom 7410 sits on my
bench; itís a superb piece of engineering. Icom make radios with lots of
style and have really thought about how an operator needs to use the radio
making it really efficient and ergonomically sound and at the price of this
radio the Icom 7410 is really affordable. My Icom 7410 sits next to my Icom
275h and Iím proud of my radio set up now.

The Icom 7410 forum is a great way to learn about the radio - keep up the
good work and thank you very much, itís very much appreciated.

Mike M0FCG M1KEY

AA4AJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Just great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is my first ICOM radio and not my last. It has worked flawlessly. It does eaxactly what the instruction manual says it will do. The quality is excellent. The knobs have a good feel, the display is bright and very clear, the menus are easy to learn and the documentation has been great. There are no relay clicks, no objectional fan noise, nothing. ICOM Tech Service has been very helpful if I need answers. My only regret is that I waited so long.

W7ZZZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2013 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Worth every cent plus, plus!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did an enormous amount of research on rigs under 3.5K. IMHO the IC-7410 was the best of the lot, so I bought one. It did not disappoint! This is a truly awesome radio for the money and cheap when the high level of performance you get costs so comparatively little. I bought and installed both roofing filters (easy to do) which really perform as advertised, too. As QST said, "This is not the best radio you can buy, but it is VERY close." For $1749? Less than $2 grand with 6 and 3khz roofing filters for $3500 performance is a steal...The MOSFETS PA is identical to the 7600...It's reciever actually surpasses the 7600 in a couple of areas. If you want a rugged, great DSP reciever and transmitter, and you don't need band scope waterfalls and diving boards, buy this radio. It truly is the real deal and one hell of a bargain.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2012 16:57 Send this review to a friend
beautiful in every way  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
had this radio for a month now. did a/b against the 746 pro it replaced. definatly a refinement in many ways. rx er is better, audio tx is reported as excellent,and the build quality is 2nd to none.

i too have a pro 3 and find the 7410 the same in reciever performance,although the 7410 seems a bit quieter.

this is one fine radio ill have on my desk for a long while... way to go icom..

VE3YUI Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2012 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Best ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ive owned all the Kenwoods ...None of em can even cut this radio at all.The recieve is out of this world The fan is very quiet audio is awesome ...No probs whats so ever out of the box...I installed the FL 430 6khz SSB filter was with ease....Wow will never be a need to get a new radio years to come....

KD8OTT Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2012 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Great radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had zero problems that were mentioned below. In CW mode zero problems also !! Go into pile ups bare foot with 50 to 100 watts and break through no problem always good audio reports. Like the quite fan !!! Run alot of digital modes and run it through heavy duty cycle on all band and it runs like a champ. Like the ease of use, also added all filter that are very affective in blocking out interference. In my book its a 5 plus, havent tried the FTDX3000 yet but this radio is awesome.

F6IRT Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2012 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Not the best for just fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Never had those bad issues mentioned by some hams. Neither power amplifier nor cw QSK so no trouble. Well built with solid feeling. large on the desk but not too much. Superb audio in rx and strong and clear signal in tx with the SM50 (I like +++). Of course some add-ons (audio peak filter and visual tuning in cw and a better IMD) should have to be included in this black box but the 50Hz (in cw) passing band makes the job easily like for the split operation. Have had many trx's and this one is perfect compromise for the price.

K4EZD Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2012 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Impressive so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I only used the Icom 718 and Kenwood TS520 before but have had the 7410 for two months now and am loving it. Impressed so far with the audio filters, built in tuner, USB capabilities, and ease of use. I don't plan on using an amplifier so the "overshoot" does not matter and the fan is quiet enough for me and much quieter than the fan on my power supply. No problems so far with any aspect of it and reports have been good during QSO's . Solid feel and large display make it comfortable to use even for old hams (is there any other kind?).

VA6KOA Rating: 1/5 Sep 30, 2012 18:13 Send this review to a friend
VFO?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My recent purchase has gone sideways already. At first I was very impressed with the quality and finish, receive is good, antenna tuner is great, fan is quiet, signal reports outstanding, was never thrilled about the feel of the VFO but thought could get use to that... but here only 4 weeks in use, and the VFO is already starting to fail. Apparently this is a common problem with Icom radios (wish I had known that before). I turn the dial and the frequency display just jitters and stalls, unfortunately my dealer is 1/2 way across the country and I am looking at substantial shipping charges and time to have this repaired. this is my first Icom radio and I feel will be my last! My Yaesu FT101 E and my Yaesu FT 857D kick this Icom radios but!