Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-7410 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7410
ICOM IC-7410 Reviews: 71 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1,999.00
Description: Icom's newest mid price range HF/6 meter all mode base radio.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7410/default.aspx

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7410.

W7ZZZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2013 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Worth every cent plus, plus!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did an enormous amount of research on rigs under 3.5K. IMHO the IC-7410 was the best of the lot, so I bought one. It did not disappoint! This is a truly awesome radio for the money and cheap when the high level of performance you get costs so comparatively little. I bought and installed both roofing filters (easy to do) which really perform as advertised, too. As QST said, "This is not the best radio you can buy, but it is VERY close." For $1749? Less than $2 grand with 6 and 3khz roofing filters for $3500 performance is a steal...The MOSFETS PA is identical to the 7600...It's reciever actually surpasses the 7600 in a couple of areas. If you want a rugged, great DSP reciever and transmitter, and you don't need band scope waterfalls and diving boards, buy this radio. It truly is the real deal and one hell of a bargain.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2012 16:57 Send this review to a friend
beautiful in every way  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
had this radio for a month now. did a/b against the 746 pro it replaced. definatly a refinement in many ways. rx er is better, audio tx is reported as excellent,and the build quality is 2nd to none.

i too have a pro 3 and find the 7410 the same in reciever performance,although the 7410 seems a bit quieter.

this is one fine radio ill have on my desk for a long while... way to go icom..

VE3YUI Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2012 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Best ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ive owned all the Kenwoods ...None of em can even cut this radio at all.The recieve is out of this world The fan is very quiet audio is awesome ...No probs whats so ever out of the box...I installed the FL 430 6khz SSB filter was with ease....Wow will never be a need to get a new radio years to come....

KD8OTT Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2012 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Great radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had zero problems that were mentioned below. In CW mode zero problems also !! Go into pile ups bare foot with 50 to 100 watts and break through no problem always good audio reports. Like the quite fan !!! Run alot of digital modes and run it through heavy duty cycle on all band and it runs like a champ. Like the ease of use, also added all filter that are very affective in blocking out interference. In my book its a 5 plus, havent tried the FTDX3000 yet but this radio is awesome.

F6IRT Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2012 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Not the best for just fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Never had those bad issues mentioned by some hams. Neither power amplifier nor cw QSK so no trouble. Well built with solid feeling. large on the desk but not too much. Superb audio in rx and strong and clear signal in tx with the SM50 (I like +++). Of course some add-ons (audio peak filter and visual tuning in cw and a better IMD) should have to be included in this black box but the 50Hz (in cw) passing band makes the job easily like for the split operation. Have had many trx's and this one is perfect compromise for the price.

K4EZD Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2012 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Impressive so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I only used the Icom 718 and Kenwood TS520 before but have had the 7410 for two months now and am loving it. Impressed so far with the audio filters, built in tuner, USB capabilities, and ease of use. I don't plan on using an amplifier so the "overshoot" does not matter and the fan is quiet enough for me and much quieter than the fan on my power supply. No problems so far with any aspect of it and reports have been good during QSO's . Solid feel and large display make it comfortable to use even for old hams (is there any other kind?).

VA6KOA Rating: 1/5 Sep 30, 2012 18:13 Send this review to a friend
VFO?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My recent purchase has gone sideways already. At first I was very impressed with the quality and finish, receive is good, antenna tuner is great, fan is quiet, signal reports outstanding, was never thrilled about the feel of the VFO but thought could get use to that... but here only 4 weeks in use, and the VFO is already starting to fail. Apparently this is a common problem with Icom radios (wish I had known that before). I turn the dial and the frequency display just jitters and stalls, unfortunately my dealer is 1/2 way across the country and I am looking at substantial shipping charges and time to have this repaired. this is my first Icom radio and I feel will be my last! My Yaesu FT101 E and my Yaesu FT 857D kick this Icom radios but!

G4OER Rating: 2/5 Sep 29, 2012 11:26 Send this review to a friend
some disappointment  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
According to ACOM, who made my amp, the overshoot can cause some damage so I tried an outboard negative supply applied to the ALC socket on the 7410 to see if I could tame it. No success.

G0APM Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2012 08:33 Send this review to a friend
A competent radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's a very good radio although it doesn't 'magically' hear stuff that I can't already receive on my FT-897 or even IC-718, it's simply far more refined, by a long way.

DSP, filtering, adjustments and performance is excellent making it a joy. The internal USB serial port and sound card makes things really simple for digital modes that otherwise require boxes, wires, stuff and paraphernalia. SSB TX audio is excellent once you have it set, as is the RX audio.

The internal ATU works extremely well without 'click-clacking' relays and works seamlessly and seems to have a very good tuning range.

No complaints about fan noise here and get the impression it's (almost) good for 100% duty cycle without a murmur and just gets warm.

Can't comment on usage with an amplifier as I don't use one.

Seems to have true 'Top-of-the-Range' performance without having to take out a mortgage!

G4OER Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 04:41 Send this review to a friend
Good ergonomics  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well now that I've owned it for a while and also added the optional roofing filters I can say that it's a pretty good rig. I even got over the overshoot problem by careful adjustment of the mike gain. The display is very sharp and clear. Audio sounds nice if you pay attention to the RF gain setting and not leave it at maximum. I think the tx/rx is about the same as the IC7600.