Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | ON7FU Baluns Help

Reviews Summary for ON7FU Baluns
ON7FU Baluns Reviews: 40 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99 USD approx
Description: Current BALUNs, Line Isolators and related products.
More info: http://www.on7fuferriteapplications.com

You can write your own review of the ON7FU Baluns.

ON3XX Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2017 02:23 Send this review to a friend
a lot of expertise and great quality !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dear Ham-radio friends,

After owning for more than 2 years several ON7FU BALUN's and UNUN's it is time to inform you all, that I really am very satisfied with these high quality items.

As well as the man behind the product....

I can always call or write him with my questions, of how to make an antenna, no mather what kind of antenna, dipool, vertical, delta-loop, windom, or the more complicated ones,he is Always willing to help with his expertise...

No need to go into detail, we all know the importance of the BALUN !!

for more information you can visit the webb-site of ON7FU. Every item there is almost a must have.

I want to share my good experience with all of you,and I also want to let you know that it is very save to transfer the money to this company, as soon as they receive your payment, the shipment will be immediately executed, very fast !

This is my honest experience !!
73's
Jozef (ON3XX)

ON7HLU Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2017 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product and service   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fantastic product as always from on7fu
This company truly sets the standard for quality.
solved a issue of HF-returning causing audio distortion , keybord and mouse disconect when using high power

im happy owner of tis product from on7fu

Coaxial Line Isolators
HexBeam ďBALUNĒ
Standard 1/1 BALUN Optimized for low band activiti
RX Antenna Impedance Transformers optimized for the low HF bands recieving (beverage )

G3YZY Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2016 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb Quality Baluns  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using 2 of Hugo's baluns for a couple of years. I have the low frequency 31 ferrite on a 160/80 metre trap dipole and a standard one on a 40/60 metre trap dipole. I have had really excellent results from these antennas and the construction and quality is very good. Highly recommended.

ON4GIN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2016 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Just bought my third balun: 1/1 for my hexbeam - 1/1 light version super quality! - 4/1 balun.
What can I say more, very good and solid baluns perfect made and ofcourse great service each time from Hugo!

ON4TV Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 02:33 Send this review to a friend
A real must have !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It solved my QRM on the lower bands with almost 2S-points.

Next to that it solved a 2nd issue of HF-returning causing audio distortion when using end-fed antenna's.

If you ground it properly, you also have an extra lightning protection...

Great solid and decent design, and fully waterproof.

I also use one during my portable activations.

Apart to that the person (Hugo) is a barrel full of knowledge when it comes to RFI and he's always eager to solve the issue. He shares his knowledge and pushes you in the right direction and keeps explaining it until the matter is understood..

Doing business with him, is a very nice paragon of ham spirit experience.

73's ON4TV.

G4VEC Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2016 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this standard potted 1/1 current balun to replace a burnt-out one fitted to my full size G5RV.by a well known manufacturer. I have had and made a number of balun's over the years,but none have come close to the high quality of this balun,discovered that there was no trace of rf entering the shack and it held signals steady on sensitive bands (for a G5RV) 80m. 30m. It was a real pleasure doing business with Hugo,fast response to queries,quick delivery, Mike Elliott G4VEC

ON9CC Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2016 00:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product and excellent service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought an 1/2 UNUN for my 160m top loaded vertical. During extended useage, the vertical was showing an intermittend SWR increase, which we tracked down to the UNUN not coping with the power and Hugo made a new one for me, free at charge! The new one was tested during the 2016 CQ 160 CW and worked without any issues!

So I am very satisfied with Hugo products and service. If you need any kind of balun, Hugo is your man :)

I also use one of Hugo's baluns for my 160m dipole, which is also working UFB!

73 Frank ON9CC / OT6M

ON4ANN Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dear,
In had some balun's before and had from time to time Some issues with them...but this seems completely different with on7fu balun's.
Hugo is always available to give professional advice and is very involved in setup and antenna's.
Service is very fast and correct !
These balun's are from very high quality.

On4ann-erik

ON7VD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Solved my RFI and noise problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is about the current mode 1:1 UN UN "hexbeam" version, is a 1:1 including a small pigtail.
I am using a screwdriver antenna in a fixed setup (Little Tarheel II with long whip) and on 20 and 17 meter I was experiencing RF feedback, and on 30m an elevated noise floor. After sharing some experience and obtaining very useful advice from Hugo ON7FU, I decided to test the balun. The final result is that my RFI problems are 100% solved, and I have an improved noise floor, especially on 30 meter about 2 to 3 dB lower noise. The balun works flawless from 80m to 10 meter. I could not test 6m yet because my antenna does not tune there.
The build quality is outstanding.
It is not a cheap balun, yet considering the build quality, performance and very useful advice I received well worth the money.

ON6DK Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 05:27 Send this review to a friend
update on my previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to place an update on my previous review, based on my new excellent experiences with ON7FUís products.Since I started in HAM radio, I was passionate by antenna building and transmission line measurements.In the 80ies I experimented and built my own ferrite sleeve based current baluns. It was in that period that I met ON7FU.Since then we had many lengthy talks about RF technology and transmission line behavior.I found in Hugo the ideal spokes partner, because of his professional RF background and in depth knowledge of antenna and transmission line behavior. Hugo always approaches any particular case from an EMC point of view, and has been able to solve many amateurís EMC issues. Baluns and line isolators of course contribute to the solutions offered. I experienced that ON7FU focusses on HAM radio, providing solutions rather than behaving purely commercially. Thatís why I recently decided to purchase some additional potted high power baluns to replace my existing sleeve based items. After thoroughly testing on my Vector Network Analyzer, as well as real life stressing, the baluns proved to be the best choice possible.If there is someone, understanding how to build a balun, what a balun is, what it does, and how it behaves in a real life antenna set-up, itís ON7FU. (BTW: read W8JIís articles regarding common-mode impedance behavior of transmission lines and you will find confirmation). Highly recommended.