Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | ON7FU Baluns Help

Reviews Summary for ON7FU Baluns
ON7FU Baluns Reviews: 41 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99 USD approx
Description: Current BALUNs, Line Isolators and related products.
More info: http://www.on7fuferriteapplications.com

You can write your own review of the ON7FU Baluns.

ON5IA Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Good advice, excellent service, great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I made my first steps in HAM radio in the beginning of 2016, I asked Hugo for some advice. I wanted to build a multi band antenna, rigged in my attic. Hugo advised me to use one of his 1:1 current baluns.

The antenna is performing remarkable well despite the not so ideal location it is installed.

The balun is very well constructed, and I can only confirm all the other good reviews you can read about Hugo's baluns on this page.

ON3XX Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2017 02:23 Send this review to a friend
a lot of expertise and great quality !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dear Ham-radio friends,

After owning for more than 2 years several ON7FU BALUN's and UNUN's it is time to inform you all, that I really am very satisfied with these high quality items.

As well as the man behind the product....

I can always call or write him with my questions, of how to make an antenna, no mather what kind of antenna, dipool, vertical, delta-loop, windom, or the more complicated ones,he is Always willing to help with his expertise...

No need to go into detail, we all know the importance of the BALUN !!

for more information you can visit the webb-site of ON7FU. Every item there is almost a must have.

I want to share my good experience with all of you,and I also want to let you know that it is very save to transfer the money to this company, as soon as they receive your payment, the shipment will be immediately executed, very fast !

This is my honest experience !!
73's
Jozef (ON3XX)

ON7HLU Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2017 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product and service   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fantastic product as always from on7fu
This company truly sets the standard for quality.
solved a issue of HF-returning causing audio distortion , keybord and mouse disconect when using high power

im happy owner of tis product from on7fu

Coaxial Line Isolators
HexBeam “BALUN”
Standard 1/1 BALUN Optimized for low band activiti
RX Antenna Impedance Transformers optimized for the low HF bands recieving (beverage )

G3YZY Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2016 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb Quality Baluns  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using 2 of Hugo's baluns for a couple of years. I have the low frequency 31 ferrite on a 160/80 metre trap dipole and a standard one on a 40/60 metre trap dipole. I have had really excellent results from these antennas and the construction and quality is very good. Highly recommended.

ON4GIN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2016 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Just bought my third balun: 1/1 for my hexbeam - 1/1 light version super quality! - 4/1 balun.
What can I say more, very good and solid baluns perfect made and ofcourse great service each time from Hugo!

ON4TV Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 02:33 Send this review to a friend
A real must have !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It solved my QRM on the lower bands with almost 2S-points.

Next to that it solved a 2nd issue of HF-returning causing audio distortion when using end-fed antenna's.

If you ground it properly, you also have an extra lightning protection...

Great solid and decent design, and fully waterproof.

I also use one during my portable activations.

Apart to that the person (Hugo) is a barrel full of knowledge when it comes to RFI and he's always eager to solve the issue. He shares his knowledge and pushes you in the right direction and keeps explaining it until the matter is understood..

Doing business with him, is a very nice paragon of ham spirit experience.

73's ON4TV.

G4VEC Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2016 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this standard potted 1/1 current balun to replace a burnt-out one fitted to my full size G5RV.by a well known manufacturer. I have had and made a number of balun's over the years,but none have come close to the high quality of this balun,discovered that there was no trace of rf entering the shack and it held signals steady on sensitive bands (for a G5RV) 80m. 30m. It was a real pleasure doing business with Hugo,fast response to queries,quick delivery, Mike Elliott G4VEC

ON9CC Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2016 00:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product and excellent service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought an 1/2 UNUN for my 160m top loaded vertical. During extended useage, the vertical was showing an intermittend SWR increase, which we tracked down to the UNUN not coping with the power and Hugo made a new one for me, free at charge! The new one was tested during the 2016 CQ 160 CW and worked without any issues!

So I am very satisfied with Hugo products and service. If you need any kind of balun, Hugo is your man :)

I also use one of Hugo's baluns for my 160m dipole, which is also working UFB!

73 Frank ON9CC / OT6M

ON4ANN Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dear,
In had some balun's before and had from time to time Some issues with them...but this seems completely different with on7fu balun's.
Hugo is always available to give professional advice and is very involved in setup and antenna's.
Service is very fast and correct !
These balun's are from very high quality.

On4ann-erik

ON7VD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Solved my RFI and noise problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is about the current mode 1:1 UN UN "hexbeam" version, is a 1:1 including a small pigtail.
I am using a screwdriver antenna in a fixed setup (Little Tarheel II with long whip) and on 20 and 17 meter I was experiencing RF feedback, and on 30m an elevated noise floor. After sharing some experience and obtaining very useful advice from Hugo ON7FU, I decided to test the balun. The final result is that my RFI problems are 100% solved, and I have an improved noise floor, especially on 30 meter about 2 to 3 dB lower noise. The balun works flawless from 80m to 10 meter. I could not test 6m yet because my antenna does not tune there.
The build quality is outstanding.
It is not a cheap balun, yet considering the build quality, performance and very useful advice I received well worth the money.