Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | on7fu baluns Help

Reviews Summary for on7fu baluns
on7fu baluns Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Ä 80 +-
Description: 1/1 current balun (common mode choke )max pwr 2.0 KW.
More info: http://www.bloggen.be/on7fu

You can write your own review of the on7fu baluns.

ON8MT Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2014 01:28 Send this review to a friend
good material and waterproof
kurt on8mt

NT4H Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2014 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Needing a 1:1 balun for a low band vertical, I found ON7FUís website. After an email exchange with Hugo, he built a custom 1:1 balun optimized for the low bands and with a mounting plate for my fiberglass vertical.

I chose ON7FU because ON6DX has used Hugoís balunís in the same configuration on multiple DXexpeditions. I'm building out my antenna's for mini-dxpeditions.

The balun has worked extremely well and the customer service was outstanding. Shipping was quick also.

I highly recommend ON7FU and will be purchasing other products from Hugo!

ON4WIY Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 03:25 Send this review to a friend
Yes it works :-)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi om's,
My 1 st review wasn't that good,high swr don't now why.....
This time I ordered the 1/1 line isolator rated 3 KW
Great it workes fine....distortion on my pc and audio on 7 Mhz is gone.
Tnx to OR0A Hans, who placed the order by Hugo....because my Yl was in hospital and I couldn't receive the package at home.
No regrets,good quality.
I'm sure I will buy other products in the future from Hugo tnx 73 cu Wim

ON3FU Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2013 09:26 Send this review to a friend
4:1 Windom balun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Deploying 4/1 ON7FU current balun on a Windom antenna.
Apart from the fact that a Windom antenna is intended for areas where different single band antennas are not an option, I decided to make the largest possible one, covering 160 to 10 meters.
I used a long side of about 50 meters and a short side of about 27m long.
My license and transceiver do not yet allow me to use the 160m band, but the other harmonic related bands proved to be fully covered, with good VSWR and on-air results.
The 4/1 current balun I purchased from ON7FU hereby contributes considerably and fully performs as expected.
I especially appreciate the fact that, as a novice licensee, I can rely on the technical background of ON7FU, without being subjected to commercial pressure.

ON3FU

ON4BIF Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2013 08:54 Send this review to a friend
excellent quality baluns  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 8 years ago,I bought an ON7FU current balun for the HF bands. As a professional, I tested its characteristics to come to a conclusion that the device fully meets the specifications. The balun, until today, appears mechanically and electrically stable, with no signs of wear and tear despite exposure to rough weather.
This is what we call value for money.

ON5HC Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2013 23:14 Send this review to a friend
Proud owner of 4/1 UNUN #0001  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I bought in 2012 a 43ft vertical, I was not convinced about the quality
of the unun which was delivered in the package.
As I know Hugo and the quality of his other baluns, I asked Hugo to built a 4/1 UNUN.
Antenna and balun were used on several portable operations (main use on IOTA contest 2012
as F/OO5C/P and dxpedition in 2013 to EU105 as TM3B).
The antenna remains a compromise but behaves well on all bands (10m - 80m, even WARC).
So for me it's a good solution.
Thanks Hugo for building.

PA4URK Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2013 02:24 Send this review to a friend
Comrod AT82M   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The antenna which I use shortly is a eight meter long Comrod AT82M vertical antenna for maritime purposes. These antenna's are normally end-feeded and connected directly to the antennatuner. To prevent getting HF into the shack I searched the internet for a good solution. I discovered the site of Hugo ON7FU and after some mailcontact Hugo advised me to use a 4:1 UnUn which he made for me. This configuration is tuned by a SGC SG-239 Smartuner with a Kenwood TS-430S. The UnUn of Hugo works great, is made in a professional way and the feedback of him is fabulous.

ON4AAC Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 02:43 Send this review to a friend
vy good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Im using 2 baluns from Hugo since many years, no problems
at all.
Tnx Hugo.
Frank ON4AAC

9U4U Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2013 02:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the successful 9U4U DXpedition we used several items from Hugo's store.
3 baluns for the Hexbeams, baluns and bleeders for LF, transformers and terminations resistors for RX LF, style K9AY.
All worked extremely well. Hugo made us a custom HF balun for +3KW to work with the combiner, so we were able to work full power with 3 stations on 1 antenna(feeder).
ON7FU his hardware is well known and very popular in Belgium. His hardware is made with the highest quality standards and comes with a test report for every individual item, WOW!
Give it a try you won't regret, you most probably buy something for life....

ON6HE Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2013 04:25 Send this review to a friend
outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Im using the baluns from Hugo for many years on 3 different antennas without any problem. OUTSTANDING quality. mni tnx Hugo
Eddy ON6HE