Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | on7fu baluns Help

Reviews Summary for on7fu baluns
on7fu baluns Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Ä 80 +-
Description: 1/1 current balun (common mode choke )max pwr 2.0 KW.
More info: http://www.bloggen.be/on7fu

You can write your own review of the on7fu baluns.

ON4GIN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2016 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Just bought my third balun: 1/1 for my hexbeam - 1/1 light version super quality! - 4/1 balun.
What can I say more, very good and solid baluns perfect made and ofcourse great service each time from Hugo!

ON4TV Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 02:33 Send this review to a friend
A real must have !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It solved my QRM on the lower bands with almost 2S-points.

Next to that it solved a 2nd issue of HF-returning causing audio distortion when using end-fed antenna's.

If you ground it properly, you also have an extra lightning protection...

Great solid and decent design, and fully waterproof.

I also use one during my portable activations.

Apart to that the person (Hugo) is a barrel full of knowledge when it comes to RFI and he's always eager to solve the issue. He shares his knowledge and pushes you in the right direction and keeps explaining it until the matter is understood..

Doing business with him, is a very nice paragon of ham spirit experience.

73's ON4TV.

G4VEC Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2016 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this standard potted 1/1 current balun to replace a burnt-out one fitted to my full size G5RV.by a well known manufacturer. I have had and made a number of balun's over the years,but none have come close to the high quality of this balun,discovered that there was no trace of rf entering the shack and it held signals steady on sensitive bands (for a G5RV) 80m. 30m. It was a real pleasure doing business with Hugo,fast response to queries,quick delivery, Mike Elliott G4VEC

ON9CC Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2016 00:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product and excellent service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought an 1/2 UNUN for my 160m top loaded vertical. During extended useage, the vertical was showing an intermittend SWR increase, which we tracked down to the UNUN not coping with the power and Hugo made a new one for me, free at charge! The new one was tested during the 2016 CQ 160 CW and worked without any issues!

So I am very satisfied with Hugo products and service. If you need any kind of balun, Hugo is your man :)

I also use one of Hugo's baluns for my 160m dipole, which is also working UFB!

73 Frank ON9CC / OT6M

ON4ANN Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dear,
In had some balun's before and had from time to time Some issues with them...but this seems completely different with on7fu balun's.
Hugo is always available to give professional advice and is very involved in setup and antenna's.
Service is very fast and correct !
These balun's are from very high quality.

On4ann-erik

ON7VD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Solved my RFI and noise problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is about the current mode 1:1 UN UN "hexbeam" version, is a 1:1 including a small pigtail.
I am using a screwdriver antenna in a fixed setup (Little Tarheel II with long whip) and on 20 and 17 meter I was experiencing RF feedback, and on 30m an elevated noise floor. After sharing some experience and obtaining very useful advice from Hugo ON7FU, I decided to test the balun. The final result is that my RFI problems are 100% solved, and I have an improved noise floor, especially on 30 meter about 2 to 3 dB lower noise. The balun works flawless from 80m to 10 meter. I could not test 6m yet because my antenna does not tune there.
The build quality is outstanding.
It is not a cheap balun, yet considering the build quality, performance and very useful advice I received well worth the money.

ON6DK Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 05:27 Send this review to a friend
update on my previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to place an update on my previous review, based on my new excellent experiences with ON7FUís products.Since I started in HAM radio, I was passionate by antenna building and transmission line measurements.In the 80ies I experimented and built my own ferrite sleeve based current baluns. It was in that period that I met ON7FU.Since then we had many lengthy talks about RF technology and transmission line behavior.I found in Hugo the ideal spokes partner, because of his professional RF background and in depth knowledge of antenna and transmission line behavior. Hugo always approaches any particular case from an EMC point of view, and has been able to solve many amateurís EMC issues. Baluns and line isolators of course contribute to the solutions offered. I experienced that ON7FU focusses on HAM radio, providing solutions rather than behaving purely commercially. Thatís why I recently decided to purchase some additional potted high power baluns to replace my existing sleeve based items. After thoroughly testing on my Vector Network Analyzer, as well as real life stressing, the baluns proved to be the best choice possible.If there is someone, understanding how to build a balun, what a balun is, what it does, and how it behaves in a real life antenna set-up, itís ON7FU. (BTW: read W8JIís articles regarding common-mode impedance behavior of transmission lines and you will find confirmation). Highly recommended.

PA3HGT Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2015 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
We use a 1:1 current-balun 3 kw from Hugo and it's an oustanding product.It's a heavy duty well constructed balun.If you've qeustions,Hugo answers always and has patience.When i need another balun,i will go to ON7FU again.Recommended !

ON5ZO Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2015 01:32 Send this review to a friend
Top quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've seen my share of baluns. Made some myself, bought some off the shelf. I've had a commercial so called 'rated kW' balun melt down, and some of my baluns have been in service for over ten years. In the end you just know what is right and what is junk. ON7FU's baluns seemed right.

I replaced the feed point of my 80/160 dual band ground plane and bought one of ON7FU's heavy duty 1:1 rated 3kW products. It looks good, manufacturing is pristine, it feels heavy (resin inside!) and most of all it has been doing a great job with hundreds of low band contest contacts so far. I usually put out a good kW for longer periods when running and never more than 1300W for the occasional hard nut to crack. It's been up for ten months now and so far I am very happy. I have no reason to think it won't last long.

Business with Hugo was fast and to the point. If I ever need another balun, I know where to go. Now you do too.

ON8MT Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2014 01:28 Send this review to a friend