Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Depiction Software Help

Reviews Summary for Depiction Software
Depiction Software Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $199.00
Description: Depiction is mapping, simulation and collaboration software that puts expert-level technology in the hands of everyday people.
More info: http://www.depiction.com/

You can write your own review of the Depiction Software.

KY7Y Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2011 21:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Software Package  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found Depiction about a year and a half ago and fell in love with its capabilities. It is a powerful piece of software. So much so that I wanted to learn more. So I enrolled in their Depiction University Course. It was a tremendous learning experience and well worth the time and effort. Upoin completion I was awarded the "Certified Depiction User" designation. Our ARES group has standardized on Depiction and use it regulary to prepare our members for exercises. We can literally "take them in the field, without leaving the EOC.' I highly recommend Depiction!

KG4RUL Rating: 2/5 Mar 31, 2011 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Resource Hog!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This software can bring all but the most powerful machine to it's knees! Our GIS department supplied me with the required map files, to the specs provided by the manufacturer. I started to load them and found out that if I included all the layers we wanted to utilize, the maps took over 2 hours to load. Then, trying to move about in the maps brought on frequent crashes. This package is not quite ready for prime time. However, in their defense, they did refund my money when asked.

W5LZ Rating: 4/5 Mar 31, 2011 17:59 Send this review to a friend
Not bad!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took a look after seeing this review, glad I did. I've been looking for a replacement for 'UI-View' for APRS and one or two other applications. After using this software for a few hours, I think I've found that replacement.
This thing is easy to install and set up, 'nice' point number 1! It allows a great many 'additions' to it's self that are useful, 'nice' point number 2! There's a discount for qualifying buyers. really 'nice' point number 3! And the thing works!
It is not cheap, and depending on how many 'additions' you make to it, it's a bandwidth eater. I'm sure I'll eliminate a couple of those 'additions' later, but they're fun for now.
I doubt if this is a 'Gotta Have' thingy for everyone, but it's sure nice.
Paul / W5LZ

(I seldom ever give anything a '5', so that '4' isn't bad at all.)

N4FPS Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2011 16:15 Send this review to a friend
One of a kind, powerful and user friendly  Time owned: more than 12 months
Depiction Software is a mapping, GIS, Geospatial software and much more. I have used this software as an Amateur Radio EmComm Volunteer and in my professional life on nearly a daily basis for over a year. I have used the software to plan and organize Strike Teams and document, track and report Wildfires and to manage special events. If you are an ARES/RACES volunteer or are involved in Emergency communications or planning or if you just want to use the software to plan, track and manage the average daily events of life, this software is for you. This is one of those tools in life that you keep handy for all your planning, tracking and recovery needs. Yes, I mean any, from planning a kidís birthday party to tracking a full scale national disaster. The practical uses are only limited by your own mind. Although this software is powerful and feature rich, it is one of the easiest to use and extremely user friendly and you want find better costumer service and support anywhere.

Doug,